Gophers will play Purdue Thursday, 2/11 @ 4pm

I saw it posted on Twitter as well.

Radio guys explained last night that Nebraska/Wisconsin was scheduled for 4pm. They moved their game to Wednesday so Nebraska could do one of their make up game Friday. ESPN2 said “we still need a game for this time slot” so the Big Ten moved us into it.

Gotta win this one.

Painter won't let it happen though most likely. He takes teams with little to no talent and consistently competes with them.

Radio guys explained last night that Nebraska/Wisconsin was scheduled for 4pm. They moved their game to Wednesday so Nebraska could do one of their make up game Friday. ESPN2 said “we still need a game for this time slot” so the Big Ten moved us into it.
ESPN2 "needing" a game for 4 PM on a Thursday is new to me.

For all of the trashing of Pitino and the team lately I've done, I think we win this game. I bet spread is around Gophers -4. Feels like more of a pick em but we have been very good at home.

Either way I am a huge fan of Painter. He is one of the best.

Pitino and Painter are the only two big ten coaches who i would cheer for on a personal level. They both seem like the guy-next-door to me, approachable and not full of themselves. I am getting the impression that Howard is perhaps in this mold as well. Obviously, these judgments are made from a distance but is how i perceive these coaches.

For all of the trashing of Pitino and the team lately I've done, I think we win this game. I bet spread is around Gophers -4. Feels like more of a pick em but we have been very good at home.

KenPom has us as 3 point dogs on a neutral court, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't open between pick'em and Purdue-1.5

KenPom has us as 3 point dogs on a neutral court, so I'd be surprised if it doesn't open between pick'em and Purdue-1.5
Looks like CBS Sports has it at -2 Gophs right now. We'll see what happens to that line

To bad they didn’t get the coveted 4am slot. I want em to play now!

Purdue game is huge. I'd put us 50/50 to make the NCAA's right now. 65% if we win on Thursday. 35% if we lose.
barf that that is where we are after the highs earlier in beating Iowa, OSU, and Michigan

ESPN2 "needing" a game for 4 PM on a Thursday is new to me.

Well ESPN2 had a Big Ten game scheduled there, and the Big Ten pulled it from them two days out. So, ESPN2 literally needed a game. So, the Big Ten moved the Purdue-MN game to the hole.

TV contracts run the conference.

Purdue game is huge. I'd put us 50/50 to make the NCAA's right now. 65% if we win on Thursday. 35% if we lose.

ESPN Bracketology has us currently at 68% chance to make the field.

If we beat Purdue today, we are likely 80% of making the NCAA field. We especially look good if Michigan and Ohio State keep winning. If the tourney started tomorrow they'd each be #1 seeds. We have a win over both. That will carry huge weight. Add in wins over Iowa, Purdue, St. Louis, plus whatever we get between now and the end of the year and we are in great shape with a win today.

Honestly, as of now, we are not even on the bubble.

Last edited:

ESPN Bracketology has us currently at 68% chance to make the field.

If we beat Purdue today, we are likely 80% of making the NCAA field. We especially look good if Michigan and Ohio State keep winning. If the tourney started tomorrow they'd each be #1 seeds. We have a win over both. That will carry huge weight. Add in wins over Iowa, Purdue, St. Louis, plus whatever we get between now and the end of the year and we are in great shape with a win today.

Honestly, as of now, we are not even on the bubble.
Yeah. I think his 50/50 to make tourney assumes we only win 1-2 more games.

3 more wins and the gophers are 75%
4 more wins and the gophers are 100%

The only way this is not true Is if Nebraska game is rescheduled

Top Bottom