Gophers to keep wildcat package despite losing Seth Green

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

“I think what we have more than in years past is just some options to do something different, give different looks, give different people opportunities,” Fleck said. “But that is always going to be part of what we do.”

Go Gophers!!

So uh, who gonna do what?

I didn't think we had a beefy QB anymore.

Play call: "78 right, skim left, Fa'alele special"

My sleeper wildcat choice? Freshman Lonenoa Faoa, a very accomplished HS QB, 6’1”, 225, who happens to be Tua’s cousin, is on our roster. Very solidly built and athletic. 4.0 HS GPA. Might be a short yardage choice? Keep it simple. Just needs to make a read and quickly decide whether to handoff, throw or run. Good arm, supposedly. Quick decision maker, supposedly. Haven’t heard his name mentioned by anyone, so this is a bit off the wall, I know. But on paper he is interesting.

My sleeper wildcat choice? Freshman Lonenoa Faoa, a very accomplished HS QB, 6’1”, 225, who happens to be Tua’s cousin, is on our roster. Very solidly built and athletic. 4.0 HS GPA. Might be a short yardage choice? Keep it simple. Just needs to make a read and quickly decide whether to handoff, throw or run. Good arm, supposedly. Quick decision maker, supposedly. Haven’t heard his name mentioned by anyone, so this is a bit off the wall, I know. But on paper he is interesting.
I like this idea!

I like this idea!
I would be willing to “compromise” with Faalele as the RB (lead blocker) and Lonenoa Faoa as the Wildcat. Run a three TE set. Dylan Wright split wide out, isolated on a single DB, no safety cover. 🤓

terrible headline...really doesn't reflect what Fleck said about " is Wildcat still here?":

Here's Greder's Fleck quotes from below the headline:

“It’s a wrinkle in the playbook,” Fleck said of the wildcat look on Monday. “We’ve also added a few folds, a few wrinkles and a few torn pieces of paper in there, too. We have some other options as well, not just: ‘Here comes Seth.’ ”“I think what we have more than in years past is just some options to do something different, give different looks, give different people opportunities,” Fleck said. “But that is always going to be part of what we do.”

Top Bottom