Gophers tired after Butler?

Doc1001

Reaction score
I noticed some people are saying that. I think the opposite. How many teams bring in an entire new five with about five minutes gone in each game. Tubby doesnt give any player a whole lot of minutes unless in an emergency. I was telling someone last night----wait until the last part of the game. Our depth should wear them down. But Portland hung right in there with far less depth. I dont think it had anything to do with our tougher battle with Butler. Our players were not overworked the night before.

I noticed some people are saying that. I think the opposite. How many teams bring in an entire new five with about five minutes gone in each game. Tubby doesnt give any player a whole lot of minutes unless in an emergency. I was telling someone last night----wait until the last part of the game. Our depth should wear them down. But Portland hung right in there with far less depth. I dont think it had anything to do with our tougher battle with Butler. Our players were not overworked the night before.

That's BS about Tubby not playing his players 30+ minutes. He does, he has, and he will.

Anybody claiming tiredness as an excuse for the loss to Portland should be probably be banned from this site due to sheer lunacy.

Didn't Portland play after us? Shouldn't they have been more tired than we were?

Portland had a blow out win over UCLA the night before. Williams, Johnson, and Nolan were in fould trouble all night so guys like Blake played 35 min. I don't think any of this had anything to do with the loss. These guys are young and playing two games in two days with our depth should not make any difference. We got outplayed on this night by a good team. I hope to see a good game today against A & M. Then the guy's can come home 5-1 looking forward to the Miami trip.

Top Bottom