Gophers tight end Brevyn Spann-Ford has ‘big vision’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

“He has a really big vision for himself on where he wants to go,” Ciarrocca shared. “My comment back to him was, ‘You need to show me you are willing to do the work that it’s going to take to get there.’ He was like, “Coach, I will.”

Go Gophers!!

I hope this isn't KC foreshadowing holding back TE in the passing game like he used to...

I hope this isn't KC foreshadowing holding back TE in the passing game like he used to...
For the love of god please don't let us go back down this road again :)

In 2020 the #3 and #4 receivers at Penn State were TEs. KC will target the TE if he has a TE that he trusts. In 2019 we had awesome WR and did not have skilled receiving TE who were ready to play a big role (BSF was a redshirt Freshman and still earning his spot).

I think he's finally figured out a TE doesn't have to fall down immediately after catching a pass. He had a couple nice YAC's at the end of last year.

For the love of god please don't let us go back down this road again :)

In 2020 the #3 and #4 receivers at Penn State were TEs. KC will target the TE if he has a TE that he trusts. In 2019 we had awesome WR and did not have skilled receiving TE who were ready to play a big role (BSF was a redshirt Freshman and still earning his spot).
I also think coaches sometimes to a fault won't give a kid a chance to be a "gamer" (ie, do it in the game) if they don't show it near perfection in practice. Sometimes, with some kids, that's asking a lot, but they find ways to get it done in games. Just my opinion

I also think coaches sometimes to a fault won't give a kid a chance to be a "gamer" (ie, do it in the game) if they don't show it near perfection in practice. Sometimes, with some kids, that's asking a lot, but they find ways to get it done in games. Just my opinion
Big knock on BSF early in his career was that he didn't block. Great if you can go out and catch passes but if teams can exploit you as a blocker you aren't going to see the field much as a TE, especially in a run first system like ours.

I saw him play in HS. He is tall and had really good hands. He was tough to stop in the red zone. It would have been interesting to groom him in as a WR, rather then having him gain 50 pounds in order to be a blocking TE. He is more of a finesse guy.

I saw him play in HS. He is tall and had really good hands. He was tough to stop in the red zone. It would have been interesting to groom him in as a WR, rather then having him gain 50 pounds in order to be a blocking TE. He is more of a finesse guy.
Not very many 6'7" WR out there. Having him add weight wouldn't be in an effort to turn him from a receiving TE to a blocking TE but rather to make it possible for him to hold up doing both.

Not very many 6'7" WR out there. Having him add weight wouldn't be in an effort to turn him from a receiving TE to a blocking TE but rather to make it possible for him to hold up doing both.
Like most of the Gophers TE's they are predominantly run blockers. How many catches did he have last year? Despite being a big guy, innately he is more of a finesse player. Anyone who knows him would agree.

Like most of the Gophers TE's they are predominantly run blockers. How many catches did he have last year? Despite being a big guy, innately he is more of a finesse player. Anyone who knows him would agree.
Could be different with the new (old) OC. Sanford running 70 percent of the time didn't help any receiver's numbers.

Top Bottom