Gophers @ Sparty -- by the (RPI) numbers

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Gophers (12-4, 3-1)
RPI: 45
Record vs. Top 50: 1-2
Record vs. Top 100: 2-4
Bottom-100 (#248-347) Wins: 2 (Brown, Utah Valley)
Bad Losses (#101+): none
Record vs. BCS Opponents: 3-3
Road/Neutral Record: 2-4
Average RPI of Nonconference Opponents: 157.166

Michigan State (13-3, 3-0)
RPI: 27
Record vs. Top 50: 2-2
Record vs. Top 100: 4-3
Bottom-100 (#248-347) Wins: 4 (Florida Gulf Coast, IPFW, Texas-Arlington, Toledo)
Bad Losses (#101+): none
Record vs. BCS Opponents: 3-3
Record at Breslin: 9-0
Average RPI of Nonconference Opponents: 171.846

The Line: Michigan State -7.5
The Call: Sparty 68, Gophers 65

The real question is, can you watch a Spartans-Gophers game in the same room as your parents? Taking them to the Bank is one thing. This is a different level.

Won't be possible (they're in Florida now), but I know my dad won't trust me anymore whenever the conversation is the Gophers. Before the game at TCF Bank I told him how much Weber was struggling, that Sparty should be embarrassed if they lose to the Gophers, and then Weber proceeded to torch the Spartans for 400+ yards passing.

He just laughed it off last night when I told him I thought the Gophers had little chance to win in Breslin. He immediately brought up Adam Weber.

Won't be possible (they're in Florida now), but I know my dad won't trust me anymore whenever the conversation is the Gophers. Before the game at TCF Bank I told him how much Weber was struggling, that Sparty should be embarrassed if they lose to the Gophers, and then Weber proceeded to torch the Spartans for 400+ yards passing.

He just laughed it off last night when I told him I thought the Gophers had little chance to win in Breslin. He immediately brought up Adam Weber.

So you gave him the reverse Lou Holtz. You undersold the Gophers and they over performed. That would bug me also. :)

Top Bottom