Gophers running back recruiting pipeline keeps humming with Jaydon Wright's commitment

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

In Wright's first game this season, he had 152 total yards and three touchdowns while also recording 15 tackles on defense, including two sacks. In a 26-12 comeback win vs. Christ the King in Chicago last week, he rushed for three touchdowns in the second half, including a 70-yarder.

"I don't think I've ever seen someone play a more complete and dominant game than he did," Bishop McNamara coach Bob Kelly said. "He's fantastic. He's everything you could ever ask for in a senior leader. He's had a great first four weeks, and we're getting in the meat of our schedule now."

Wright has been far from 100% healthy since he suffered a high-ankle sprain in the second game of the season. He had to be helped off the field after what appeared to be a severe injury in the first half Sept. 1 against Herscher, but he wasn't out of the game for long.

"I was struggling at first when the injury happened and I couldn't walk on it," Wright said. "But I saw my teammates really needed me."

After being stuffed twice on the goal line, Bishop McNamara got a lift from their star tailback whom everyone thought was sidelined.

"Next thing you know he went jogging out there," Kelly said. "I didn't even see him, so we had to change our call in the huddle and find a way to give it to him. He found a way to score. That game was tough for him because he was limited. His ankle was swollen. But he gutted through it."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom