Gophers' "Road to 19 Wins"

Yes! Love this annual thread. I will refer to it often. Good stuff as usual Hodger.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed. I’m sure fellow Holers will be wanting to mix everything around after every single result!

Really appreciate the effort. It's very illuminating.

The coin flip and slight underdogs spots scare the sheet out of me...so many unknowns with a lot of new faces this year.

Yep! Thanks for doing this SS, this is a great benchmark to look at throughout the year.

Loved checking up against this after every game last year, SS. Thanks for doing it again this season...great stuff!

Yes! Thank you! I referred to this almost daily last year...making different scenarios how we were going to get it done. Especially, after games.
Thank you! Looking forward to the journey!

This, along with the Gopher07 football weekly projection thread are my two favorites on gopher hole. Also, 19 looks absolutely doable the way you have it outlined. Looking forward to the season. Thanks for compiling SS.

Thanks SS. Enjoy the thoughts and posts you take the time to share.

Interesting that you have @Wisconsin in the significant underdogs category when they lose Happ. The thing that stands out to me about getting to 19 (and lets hope more than that) is the 5 conference home games between the flip a coin, slight underdogs, and significant underdogs categories. Gophers need 3 for sure and arguably 4 out of those games to get to that 19 number.

Can this thread be made a sticky so it stays at the top of the page? I think it's pretty clear a lot of us like referring back to it throughout the year.

I’d swap @Wisconsin and Maryland at home. I know people don’t value Turgeon as a great Xs and Os guy but Maryland’s got one of the most talented teams in the country. Madison’s a tricky place to play but Wisconsin’s going to be beatable this year with very little resistance at the rim.

Can this thread be made a sticky so it stays at the top of the page? I think it's pretty clear a lot of us like referring back to it throughout the year.

Seconded.

I’d swap @Wisconsin and Maryland at home. I know people don’t value Turgeon as a great Xs and Os guy but Maryland’s got one of the most talented teams in the country. Madison’s a tricky place to play but Wisconsin’s going to be beatable this year with very little resistance at the rim.

I concur with your suggestion. @ Wisconsin, Maryland games flipped.

"Road to 19 Wins" has been updated

Gophers 1-0 in the "Must Win" grouping after last night's 85-50 win over Cleveland State.

Last edited:

Clemson lost at home last night and Oklahoma struggled the whole first half with UTSA...although I think UTSA might not be too bad. Oklahoma only shot like 20% from 3 but one of their forwards was a leading scorer which could give us fits.

Updated

Gophers 0-1 in “Flip A Coin” grouping after last night’s 71-62 loss to Oklahoma.

After tonight's loss at Butler, the Gophers are 0-1 in Hodger's "Slight Underdogs (go 3-4)" category.

Go Gophers!!

I think they put some police spike strips on the road.

After tonight's loss at Utah, Gophers are now 0-2 in Hodger's "Flip A Coin (go 4-2)" category, and need to win the next 4 in this category to stay on pace for 19 wins.

Go Gophers!!

Gophers are on the pace to 9 wins. Unfortunetly they may go winless in the big ten. We have played four really bad teams and we are 1-3. ski u ma. It sucks being a gopher season ticket holderl I can't believe this mess AGAIN

Gophers are on the pace to 9 wins. Unfortunetly they may go winless in the big ten. We have played four really bad teams and we are 1-3. ski u ma. It sucks being a gopher season ticket holderl I can't believe this mess AGAIN

Realistically I would put it at 12, Big Ten play is going to be ugly.

Top Bottom