Gophers receiver Rashod Bateman has a ‘lot of room to grow’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Rashod Bateman leads the Big Ten in receiving yards and is one of 12 semifinalists for the Biletnikoff Award given to the nation’s best receiver, but Minnesota Golden Gophers coaches feel the sophomore is just scratching the surface of his potential.

Minnesota offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca and receivers coach Matt Simon talked this week about how Bateman still has a “lot of room to grow.”

That’s a scary thought for opposing defenses.

Bateman has become big-play threat every time he touches the ball, averaging a 21.5 yards per reception, which ranks sixth in the nation. He leads Big Ten with 945 yards and has seven touchdowns on only 44 receptions this season.

Go Gophers!!

He can improve his hands. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Another really good article in The Athletic about Rashod Bateman;

Likely not a coincidence, The Athletic has really increased it's Gopher Football content in the last several months. It's worth the subscription almost every day.

Another really good article in The Athletic about Rashod Bateman;

Likely not a coincidence, The Athletic has really increased it's Gopher Football content in the last several months. It's worth the subscription almost every day.
I might have to subscribe just to read this!

I am thinking he is growing into the end zone. Despite a different QB delivering this week, I see him with 2 td's

Loved this bit from The Athletic article:

Bateman said he wanted to be respectful, so he sat down with Smart that day. The Georgia coach told him to come visit campus. It can’t hurt to see it, Smart told Bateman. But the receiver didn’t budge. He told Smart he was going to remain committed to Minnesota and thanked him for making the drive.

“It felt more like I was their backup plan,” Bateman said. “Kirby Smart is from down south so I don’t know how he didn’t know who I was. I was literally in their backyard. So I decided to make another place my backyard.”

I loved the article from The Athletic. What a great young man.

Top Bottom