Gophers Practice!

gophereric30

Reaction score
I know practice has started, but is anybody else anxiously awaiting coach pitino's comments about how practice has been going?

I know practice has started, but is anybody else anxiously awaiting coach pitino's comments about how practice has been going?

Here is a preview:
"Guys are working hard. We had a really good summer. Guys are ready"
"Lots of new guys, trying to get them on the same page. We have some shooters, some athletic big men"
"Hopefully our in bounds play of throwing the ball 60ft into the backcourt is easy to learn"
"If guys put in the work we'll be OK"

Here is a preview:
"Guys are working hard. We had a really good summer. Guys are ready"
"Lots of new guys, trying to get them on the same page. We have some shooters, some athletic big men"
"Hopefully our in bounds play of throwing the ball 60ft into the backcourt is easy to learn"
"If guys put in the work we'll be OK"

Hahahaha.

It must be hard to learn because this is our second coach in a row trying to perfect it and it's still a work in progress.

Hahahaha.

It must be hard to learn because this is our second coach in a row trying to perfect it and it's still a work in progress.

I understand you aren't going to get layups over and over but they put zero pressure on the defense with it. Try to run a double screen to get a shooter open or a big man the ball inside immediately. At least sometimes.

Drives me insane

I understand you aren't going to get layups over and over but they put zero pressure on the defense with it. Try to run a double screen to get a shooter open or a big man the ball inside immediately. At least sometimes.

Drives me insane
It's funny because we have had some really bad seasons and some bad games over the last 10 years or so but I swear to God those inbounds plays drive me nuts more than anything that's happened.

I'll have to join that room too. Not only do they rarely end in an open look for someone, a lot of times they can't even get the ball in play without turning it over. Especially in high intensity situations.

“If we can establish a solid defense we’ll be in Good shape this season if we can score some points”.

I'll have to join that room too. Not only do they rarely end in an open look for someone, a lot of times they can't even get the ball in play without turning it over. Especially in high intensity situations.

And to add insult to injury, opponents get at least one inbound lay up seemingly every game.
Iowa generally gets 2 or 3 it seems.

And to add insult to injury, opponents get at least one inbound lay up seemingly every game.
Pork tenderloin and baseline out of bounds plays. That's what Iowa does!

I'd argue a little bit on Pitino's sets not being bad as advertised especially when compared to most teams. The part about our D giving up early options out of the OB plays that lead to easy baskets is no doubt true though and has been a major issue.

My favorite part of the offense is the weave they run 35 feet from the basket for 25 seconds every possession. No other team in the B1G runs it with quite the same skill and precision as we do. It forces defenses to stand there and watch it, forcing them to choose between checking insta or twitter--but not both--while the gophers have the ball. A killer.

Top Bottom