Gophers open up as 23 point underdogs vs Ohio State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Wow. I would have guessed 17.5 but 23 is a lot.

Vegas must be expecting an emotional letdown.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vegas sets it based on how they think people will bet, not by what they think will actually happen.

Vegas sets it based on how they think people will bet, not by what they think will actually happen.
So any emotional betting on the Gophers is going to be down, hence an emotional letdown.... in betting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You are right that oddsmakers are not emotional. But if oddsmakers didn't have a hunch (what they thought would happen) then the spread would start at zero and move rapidly away as the early easy bets came pouring in.

You are right that oddsmakers are not emotional. But if oddsmakers didn't have a hunch (what they thought would happen) then the spread would start at zero and move rapidly away as the early easy bets came pouring in.

Sure - if the house didn't mind losing $

There are several reasons to think this is a bad spot for the Gophers:

- We lose the "Win one for the Gipper" effect of last night.
- We're coming off a gut wrenching loss.
- OSU is coming off a bye weak.
- OSU won't forget the Gophers losing by only seven last year. For a week or two, they thought that might have knocked them out of the playoff. I know the fans were livid!

We are going to go into Columbus and shock the world!!!

- OSU won't forget the Gophers losing by only seven last year. For a week or two, they thought that might have knocked them out of the playoff. I know the fans were livid!

1-3 yes.

4 non-factor.

Bottom line this a horrible matchup for us. Outside of a small miracle we lose by 21+. If you go position by position I cant find 3 spots where we have an advantage. Seems like a 45-10 type of game.

I have a good feeling about this one. I think the Gophers cover and make a game of it. In fact, I am going to officially predict a Gopher victory. THERE! I said it. Now if I am wrong... well... I'll be wrong and you can give me $@#%&*@@#

Agree. Will be very interesting to see how much fire the team has for this one. They were as jacked and emotional as I can ever remember seeing them in the past few years for the Michigan game given everything that went down. Now reality will have set in and we are heading on the road to face an extremely talented team. It will take an awesome effort in all three phases and probably some OSU mistakes like last season for us to realistically make this a game. But anything can happen and if we get a few early breaks you never know.

Top Bottom