Gophers open Target Field

mplsbadger

Reaction score
Does anyone know the details around the Gopher Baseball team opening Target Field? Where to get tickets, how much they'll cost, etc.?

Also, does anyone know if there will be tailgating at Target Field?

Thanks

If they charge the same amount for tickets for this game as they do for other games, the good seats would go for about $8. It's possible that they would charge more, as the demand would be higher. Should be no problem getting tickets, but it should be an extremely well attended game, a lot of people will be going just to have a look at Target Field. Great PR move for the U, some people will go to the game, and then decide to check out other Gopher baseball games in the future.

Still, it seems under publicized, I found no mention of it on Gopher Sports save for seeing it when I looked at the baseball schedule. I hope they will hype it up soon.

The game is dependant on the weather. It might be at he dome. The way the Gopher luck is going it could be 75 degrees the week before the game and a blizzard the day of the game.

I think the game has to be at Target Field if humanly possible. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for the spotlight - the first baseball game at Target Field before even the Twins played there. I'm surprised the Twins agreed to this. If the game winds up at the Metrodome, a lot of people who bought tickets only because they wanted to see Target Field are going to be very disappointed.

The Metrodome is of benefit for Gophers baseball, as it lets home games be played earlier, but watching college baseball - with its smaller crowds than the Twins - is not a lot of fun.

I remember hearing that they were going to limit attendance to only about 15,000 for some reason

I remember hearing that they were going to limit attendance to only about 15,000 for some reason

I do know that when they least the Metrodome, only certain areas are available for seating. Granted, the allotted seating area is the best seats, but they don't let you sit just anywhere. Maybe it's just to limit the expense of cleanup after the game.

But if there is demand for more than 15,000, I would hope they would revisit this. Pay a little more in rent to cover the added capacity for this game. It's worth it for the PR.

The game is dependant on the weather. It might be at he dome. The way the Gopher luck is going it could be 75 degrees the week before the game and a blizzard the day of the game.

that is such a "woe-is-me" fatalist minnesotan type of statement. come on......you are better than that. ;)

I do know that when they least the Metrodome, only certain areas are available for seating. Granted, the allotted seating area is the best seats, but they don't let you sit just anywhere. Maybe it's just to limit the expense of cleanup after the game.

But if there is demand for more than 15,000, I would hope they would revisit this. Pay a little more in rent to cover the added capacity for this game. It's worth it for the PR.

They are limiting the crowd for that day due to stadium operations. The reason they allowed the Gophers to have this game is to give themselves a dry run of gameday operations. If anything is going to go haywire, they'd like to know about it in advance (see the TCF opener.) Therefore they don't want 38,000 there for this game. I imagine enough people want to see the stadium they could probably sell it out if they wanted to.

Top Bottom