Gophers open as -9.5 point favorites against Purdue

If their QB plays I think its a 6-8 point game. If he does not I would say 12-14 pts. He's a good player and worth at least one score.

If their QB plays I think its a 6-8 point game. If he does not I would say 12-14 pts. He's a good player and worth at least one score.
AOC's completion % has come back down to earth a little this year (64%) from his 71% last year.

Yep, but Mason's years in the 'Dome and W. Lafayette were not pretty prior to that:

1997 L 59-43 Dome
1998 L 56-21 W. Lafayette
1999 L 33-28 Dome
2000 L 38-24 W. Lafayette
2001 L 35-28 Dome
2002 L 28-15 W. Lafayette
2005 W 35-42 2OT Dome
2006 L 27-21 West Lafayette

Didn't help that Drew Brees was their QB from 1997 to 2000. Also, the double-OT win in 2005 was a heck of game.
The 2005 game was a total blast. So glad BTN has it in the rotation.

Yep, but Mason's years in the 'Dome and W. Lafayette were not pretty prior to that:

1997 L 59-43 Dome
1998 L 56-21 W. Lafayette
1999 L 33-28 Dome
2000 L 38-24 W. Lafayette
2001 L 35-28 Dome
2002 L 28-15 W. Lafayette
2005 W 35-42 2OT Dome
2006 L 27-21 West Lafayette

Didn't help that Drew Brees was their QB from 1997 to 2000. Also, the double-OT win in 2005 was a heck of game.
I don’t think a single gopher player was alive in 1997. And even with a bunch of 6th and 7th year seniors most of our team wasn’t alive for the first 6 of these losses listed.

I still have PTSD from the previous Homecoming debacle...I have faith, but not enough to gamble lol.

Moving pretty fast.
Brohm didn't come out and say O'Connell was out in his press conference but he basically said O'Connell is out. Not surprised to see the line move more in our favor.

From the Brohm presser transcript. Maybe he said the quiet part loud, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Relevant part (to me) is the second part bolded and italicized:

Q. If he can't go, if Aidan can't go this week, obviously Austin would be the guy, but would you look at getting Alaimo back in there, as well, trying to get him a series or two?
JEFF BROHM: I think so. I think that Michael has done a really good job. He's got multiple years here and we want to continue to develop him. Really two out of the three plays he did well. Just made a bad read on the first play. It was limited possessions, so you've got to take advantage of it.
Austin has had a little more experience and has played, so it'll probably be something similar where Austin will start and we'll try to get Mike Alaimo in the game, as well. But both those guys worked hard last week and we've got to try to utilize them as well as we can.

Said O'Connell hasn't practiced and they will evaluate later in the week. Just reading between the lines but if a player, especially a QB, isn't practicing early in the week they rarely play in the game.

Could be totally wrong and he could be out there Saturday but I will be surprised if he is.

From the Brohm presser transcript. Maybe he said the quiet part loud, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Relevant part (to me) is the second part bolded and italicized:

Q. If he can't go, if Aidan can't go this week, obviously Austin would be the guy, but would you look at getting Alaimo back in there, as well, trying to get him a series or two?
JEFF BROHM: I think so. I think that Michael has done a really good job. He's got multiple years here and we want to continue to develop him. Really two out of the three plays he did well. Just made a bad read on the first play. It was limited possessions, so you've got to take advantage of it.
Austin has had a little more experience and has played, so it'll probably be something similar where Austin will start and we'll try to get Mike Alaimo in the game, as well. But both those guys worked hard last week and we've got to try to utilize them as well as we can.
I saw the same thing, that combined with O'Connell not practicing yet tells me he is out.

1. Do you think Mark Crawford was even vaguely aware of college football in 1997?
2. He doesn’t play. He just hangs out this year 😉
1. Do you think Mark Crawford was even vaguely aware of college football in 1997?
As a pre-schooler he was hanging out by the Barbie and listening to Gopher games via short wave radio..

Said O'Connell hasn't practiced and they will evaluate later in the week. Just reading between the lines but if a player, especially a QB, isn't practicing early in the week they rarely play in the game.

Could be totally wrong and he could be out there Saturday but I will be surprised if he is.
Ribs might mean a cracked rib. Throwing motion would be mighty painful, especially 55 times.

Consensus at -12, FanDuel up to -12.5

Wish I would have locked in the line right away.....but I got 12.5 too. O'Connell or no.....I think the Gophers cover. But.....if O'Connell doesn't play......this is basically free money in my opinion.

Hanging out with shrimp on the barby and drinking beer from an oil can.

Top Bottom