Gophers open as 2.5-3 point underdogs tonight

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Sounds like a game for the taking to me. Take care of the ball and rebound tonight!

Vegas appears to like the Gophers much more than some of us (myself included) do. I didn't think we'd be favored by as much as we were vs. Penn State, and I thought the number would be a little higher for this one.

Word in Spartan camp is Lucas is hobbled more than being let on, battling some kind of (foot?) infection. He's nowhere near 100%, but at this time of the year, who is?

My call: if Raymar Morgan has 2 fouls by the 10-minute mark of the first half, that bodes well for the Gophers.

Vegas appears to like the Gophers much more than some of us (myself included) do. I didn't think we'd be favored by as much as we were vs. Penn State, and I thought the number would be a little higher for this one.

Word in Spartan camp is Lucas is hobbled more than being let on, battling some kind of (foot?) infection. He's nowhere near 100%, but at this time of the year, who is?

My call: if Raymar Morgan has 2 fouls by the 10-minute mark of the first half, that bodes well for the Gophers.

They've got to be taking into account no Allen and a hobbled Lucas. Does Westbrook guard Lucas all night?

I agree, we've got to get Morgan in foul trouble early.

Line is skewed by the Gophers lopsided wins over terrible teams, plus Allen's suspension.

Honestly, I think the only hope the Gophers have is if MSU comes out rusty and can't shoot their 3's....Summers and Lucas and Morgan scare the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# out of me...

MSU should be favored by 9 or 10 based on talent alone...they are simply superior basketball players.

Line is skewed by the Gophers lopsided wins over terrible teams, plus Allen's suspension.

Honestly, I think the only hope the Gophers have is if MSU comes out rusty and can't shoot their 3's....Summers and Lucas and Morgan scare the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# out of me...

MSU should be favored by 9 or 10 based on talent alone...they are simply superior basketball players.

It doesn't have anything to do with winning 5 of the last 7 including a win against UW, at Illinois, and a 1 point loss to Purdue? Gophers handled MSU just fine and built a double digit lead at home for 35 minutes with a healthy Lucas and Allen.

Why didn't you start a thread after last night's commanding win?

Interesting point spreads

Should we read too much into this? Are these lines very telling?

Gophers only 3-point underdogs to MSU (sorry, I don't consider Allen being out a MAJOR loss that the oddsmakers HAD to take into consideration)

And yet Wisky is -8.5 against Illinois (an Illinois team that's supposed to be more IN the tourney than the Gophers).

Not to mention Purdue is an 8-pt favorite against NU and OSU is a 9-pt favorite against Michigan.

I think the Rodents win today and I think that's all they need to make the tournament, although I also think they'll beat the winner of the PU-NU game.

Just my two cents...

I agree with this completely. Last game against MSU, we made our run while Morgan was down with foul trouble. Then when he got it, we were afraid to go at him. He is a significant enough player that it is worth a possession or two to try to draw another foul on him. The position I enjoy watching Raymar play the best, is on the bench next to Izzo.

I am sure that the Vegas oddsmakers are more than capable of taking wins over terrible teams into account.

And if MSU is such a superior team, why did they barely eke out two wins over the Gophers this year?

Top Bottom