Gophers open as 13 point favorites at Northwestern; over/under is 38

Can't believe the over/under is 13. Maybe Brian Ferentz came in and will call the offense, so they raised the overall points.

Kitty cats have to be licking their whiskers with excitement to get their first W

Maybe with that cushion they can get the pass-catch worked out because it was broke against UNC. And game adjusting, like when you can run the ball and yet you drop back and drop back.

Sometimes you need to stay with it -- long-term strategy -- and sometimes you need to adjust -- that UNC game.

After week 3, Northwestern’s offense is scoring more points per game than the Gopher’s. Gophers offense is dead last in the B1G in scoring. Iowa is scoring way more per game than the Gophers. 🤯 If our offense is as inept at scoring next week as it has been in the past three weeks, NW could stumble into a win simply by being mediocre on offense. The past is prologue: if the Gophers continue stuck in an “unable to score” rut for a few more games, that probably predicts the balance of the season. There is too much talent on our offensive squad to be dead last in scoring. C’mon Gophers (and Gopher coaches!).

Last edited:

After week 3, Northwestern’s offense is scoring more points per game than the Gopher’s. Gophers offense is dead last in the B1G in scoring. Iowa is scoring way more per game than the Gophers. 🤯 If our offense is as inept at scoring next week as it has been in the past three weeks, NW could stumble into a win simply by being mediocre on offense. The past is prologue: if the Gophers continue stuck in an “unable to score” rut for a few more games, that probably predicts the balance of the season. There is too much talent on our offensive squad to be dead last in scoring. C’mon Gophers (and Gophrr voaches!).

Your post are factual but lack context. Opponents matter. I’ll bet you dinner at your old folks home that after week 5 the gophers are outscoring Iowa. Good bet for you as the Gophers are behind.

Your post are factual but lack context. Opponents matter. I’ll bet you dinner at your old folks home that after week 5 the gophers are outscoring Iowa. Good bet for you as the Gophers are behind.
My posts are factual. Readers supply the context they want, I guess. Unfortunately my old folks are deceased so we can’t have dinner at their home. Let’s see how the Gophs do against NW and how Iowa does against Penn State this weekend, and perhaps we’ll make a bet running through game 6.

My posts are factual. Readers supply the context they want, I guess. Unfortunately my old folks are deceased so we can’t have dinner at their home. Let’s see how the Gophs do against NW and how Iowa does against Penn State this weekend, and perhaps we’ll make a bet running through game 6.

Lol. You want to get through Iowa playing an actual opponent. Got it.

Are Lingenberg and Autmun-Bell ready? They have yet to play a snap this year, right?
CrAB has been on the field...but it feels like all for show. I remember one pass attempt going to him.

Lol. You want to get through Iowa playing an actual opponent. Got it.
I want to get the Gophers through the Michigan game to balance off Iowa's playing PennState. I appreciate "future" context quite a bit, actually!

I want to get the Gophers through the Michigan game to balance off Iowa's playing PennState. I appreciate "future" context quite a bit, actually!

Well heck. Let’s just do the season a whole. Gophers have a tougher schedule. And are behind

This should be an interesting game as Vegas and ESPN really disagree.

13 point spread is usually about 80% chance to win the game but ESPN currently has the gophers at 55% to win.

Makes you think who would you rather have believe in you? ESPN or Vegas?

I just put money on MN to cover 12.5 and am confident they'll blow that number out of the water. I'd be very surprised and concerned if they won by less than that. I predict they rush for 250, completely stifle NW on offense (13 or less points), and Athan does enough to restore faith in him.

I just put money on MN to cover 12.5 and am confident they'll blow that number out of the water. I'd be very surprised and concerned if they won by less than that. I predict they rush for 250, completely stifle NW on offense (13 or less points), and Athan does enough to restore faith in him.
I'm feeling the same way. Good recovery opponent. I also look for AK to redeem himself. He openly admitted that was his worst game Saturday.

This game is a must win.
Not only a win, but a win where they establish themselves as clearly the better team (by a good margin) if not on the scoreboard, then in time of possession and other measures that indicate clear superiority.

I think Minnesota wins but doesn't cover unless they attempt at least 50 running plays

If they come out throwing we're going to be biting nails by the end

We've scored 13 twice. I'm staying away from this one.

Top Bottom