Gophers need a chant

I had in mind when I started this thread that a chant would be something that would take 2 or 3 seconds from start to finish. Some of you remember being in the dome when there were more Iowa fans than Gopher fans and the Iowa fans would start with "let's go Hawks". Sadly they would rock the dome and I am sure it helped Iowa win some games in the Dome.

I would suggest starting a :Ski-U-Mah' chant when the opponent first gets the ball. If we kick off to them then start when they huddle up. If we get the ball first then, after we punt/score a touchdown, when they start to huddle up.

Gopherholers could start and perhaps the AD could sent out an email or even pass out leaflets at the game or tailgate area with the plan and asking people to join in. There would be nothing better than TCF rocking to "Ski-U-Mah" when the opponent has the ball!!

I really like this idea

The band actually plays a short piece for a Ski-U-Mah chant that the cheerleaders have attempted to teach to the students several times. The music comes from "Go, Fight, Win" and is tyically played right after a turnover, or lull in the action.

This is also played a lot at hockey games, and the entire student section does the Ski-U-Mah chant with various hand gestures during it. This could potentially carry over to the Football student section if enough people catch on.

I had in mind when I started this thread that a chant would be something that would take 2 or 3 seconds from start to finish. Some of you remember being in the dome when there were more Iowa fans than Gopher fans and the Iowa fans would start with "let's go Hawks". Sadly they would rock the dome and I am sure it helped Iowa win some games in the Dome.

I would suggest starting a :Ski-U-Mah' chant when the opponent first gets the ball. If we kick off to them then start when they huddle up. If we get the ball first then, after we punt/score a touchdown, when they start to huddle up.

Gopherholers could start and perhaps the AD could sent out an email or even pass out leaflets at the game or tailgate area with the plan and asking people to join in. There would be nothing better than TCF rocking to "Ski-U-Mah" when the opponent has the ball!!

This + 1000
I will be in Vegas and I will be saying Ski U Mah to every Gopher fan I see. I will also be ready to start or carry on this cheer with whomever would like to join. It would be pretty awesome to not only have more fans in the stands than UNLV, but then to start a new cheer that the Gophers and Jerry Kill can hear to help get us a W.

I have always liked SKi-U-Mah because it is unique to us.

Maybe if we all start yelling SKI-U-Mah at each other in the tailgate lots it will catch on.
If enough people start yelling it together then we have a cheer worth carrying on in the stadium.

gopherdudepart2 said:
Maybe if we all start yelling SKI-U-Mah at each other in the tailgate lots it will catch on.
If enough people start yelling it together then we have a cheer worth carrying on in the stadium.

I like this idea. But how do you divide it up? It is coolest if it is divided up ( like tastes great / less filling ).

It would be great if it would catch on, but you do realize it can never catch on at a liberal university, since the phrase comes from an American Indian battle cry, violating rules against discrimination and celebrating violence. ;)

Top Bottom