Gophers Mourn the Loss of Eric Magdanz

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

The University of Minnesota men's basketball program mourns the loss of Golden Gopher alum Eric Magdanz. Playing for the Gophers from 1960-63, Magdanz died Tuesday, March 29, 2022 at the age of 81.

Magdanz played in 72 games career games for the Golden Gophers where he scored 1,083 points and averaged a career 15.0 points per game and 6.8 rebounds per game. In both 1961-62 and 1962-63, Magdanz led Gold Country in scoring when he averaged 23.0 and 19.1 ppg. His 42 points against Michigan in 1962 is still tied for the Gopher's single-game record.

Following his three years with the Gophers, Magdanz returned to his alma mater, Minneapolis South, as a coach and teacher where he spent 17 years there. He followed that with a coaching stint at Minneapolis Roosevelt and was the athletic director at both locations.

Go Gophers!!

Always sad to hear the news. RIP My prayers are with the family. There was a story on here this year where he was quoted about the single game scoring record, I think it was? Kind of brought him back to the present for me and then followed by this.

Top Bottom