Gophers/Iowa Viewing party at Senser's

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
10% of proceeds go towards the Marching Band

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Join us at Joe Senser's in Roseville to cheer on your Minnesota Gophers against the much loved iowa hawkeyes. Festivities during the game include prize drawings, number boards for the gambling folk, free items courtesy of the U of MN Alumni Association, and appearances by members of the U of MN Alumni Band playing the best school song there is. Let's hope for lots of touchdowns!

How can you resist this?

Watch football!
Eat!
Drink!
Listen to a LIVE Band!
Win raffle drawings!
Win contests every quarter!
Win a football signed by Coach Kill!
Have fun with other Gopher fans!
Support the U of MN marching band while having fun! Say what now?

That's right. Senser's is supporting the Marching Band and our joint campaign with the Golden Gopher Fund by giving 10% of all purchases back to the Enhancement Fund. The more you eat and drink, the more you help others. Not often things work out that way.

Bring the family, friends, grandma, cousin on your dad's side four times removed. This is an open invitation, not just for band alumni, but every Gopher fan who wants to have some fun. All are welcome to hang out watching the team cruise to their first Big 10 win of the season. There will even be fun stuff for little Gopher fans. The more the merrier.

Can't make it but still want to financially support the campaign? Visit www.goldengopherfund.com and click on the marching band banner for details.

Let us know if you're coming. We come relatively close to filling the seats at TCF Stadium so filling the restaurant should be easy. You can either respond on the Gopher Band Alums facebook event page or email me at [email protected].

Hope you can join in the fun watching our team go 5-0. Go Gophers!

Stacy Nealy
President Elect
UMBAS

Contact Us:
UofM Band Alumni Society
TCF Bank Stadium
420 23rd Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612-568-8636
[email protected] Find us online!
Facebook: GopherBandAlums
Twitter: @GopherBandAlums

--
If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, this link

Thanks for posting, Bayfield. Sounds like a cool event. Watch the Gophers, have some beers, get some grub, and support the Band. Win, win, win.

After hearing this restaurant's namesake rant on the news last night, I am reassured that I will never set foot in that establishment again.

After hearing this restaurant's namesake rant on the news last night, I am reassured that I will never set foot in that establishment again.
"They tried to paint Amy Senser as this rich, white Edina housewife, and nothing could be further from the truth."
Hahahaha...what?

Even so, anything I spend at Senser's Saturday will go to the band and the restaurant staff. The rest will go to court fees and be recycled into the local economy. Win, win, win.

That's where I am at too...

Joe Senser is officially in the Paterno family category of "People Who Should Have Kept Quiet".

"They tried to paint Amy Senser as this rich, white Edina housewife, and nothing could be further from the truth."
Hahahaha...what?

Even so, anything I spend at Senser's Saturday will go to the band and the restaurant staff. The rest will go to court fees and be recycled into the local economy. Win, win, win.

That's where I am at too...

Joe Senser is officially in the Paterno family category of "People Who Should Have Kept Quiet".

Yeah, let's f*ck over the marching band to show--actually not show, since he doesn't know you exist--the husband of a convict what upstanding citizens we are. Please. Save it for something else of worth.

Yeah, let's f*ck over the marching band to show--actually not show, since he doesn't know you exist--the husband of a convict what upstanding citizens we are. Please. Save it for something else of worth.

I don't care if that arrogant loser doesn't know me from Adam, his business isn't getting one dime of my money. It has nothing to do with me being an upstanding citizen, it has to do with his (and his wife's) complete disregard for personal responsibility.
And don't criticize me for not supporting the band, I'm planning on personally delivering them $5 at the next home game in lieu of my boycott.

We all have our choices.. But regardless of Senser's odd rant, I won't stop going to the eatery. Can't blame him too much for defending his wife, regardless of her actions.

To quote Adam Yauch, "It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face."

I don't care if that arrogant loser doesn't know me from Adam, his business isn't getting one dime of my money. It has nothing to do with me being an upstanding citizen, it has to do with his (and his wife's) complete disregard for personal responsibility.
And don't criticize me for not supporting the band, I'm planning on personally delivering them $5 at the next home game in lieu of my boycott.
Well, she is in jail, so who really cares what Joe says, doesn't change the verdict or public opinion.
Also, I'm confused by your last sentence. Sounds like you plan to both give $5 to the band and go to Senser's. That's great; thanks for your support!

Wow, nice way for some peoples to ruin a thread. if you not gonna go to Senser's and stuffs, then don't post in a thread just to ruin it. it a shame that some peoples have to blast Joe Senser in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic in hand. what a shame.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow, nice way for some peoples to ruin a thread. if you not gonna go to Senser's and stuffs, then don't post in a thread just to ruin it. it a shame that some peoples have to blast Joe Senser in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic in hand. what a shame.

my feelings exactly... If ya wanna go to Sensor's, go and have fun. If ya don't wanna go to Sensor's, don't. Have fun anyway.

Go Gophers!!!

Lastly...and you know all this how? I tend to believe there were a lot of irresponsible people involved here. Least of the bunch being Mr. Senser. FYI, I read he owns about 10-20% of the business. So those dozens and dozens of employees, vendors, and customers who make a living at and through use of the restaurant should just go screw themselves as well I guess. The "P" must stand for "pompous".

To quote Adam Yauch, "It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Well, she is in jail, so who really cares what Joe says, doesn't change the verdict or public opinion.
Also, I'm confused by your last sentence. Sounds like you plan to both give $5 to the band and go to Senser's. That's great; thanks for your support!

my feelings exactly... If ya wanna go to Sensor's, go and have fun. If ya don't wanna go to Sensor's, don't. Have fun anyway.

Go Gophers!!!

Thank you guys for your exclusive clarity.

ditto. the few posters who in essence have ruined this thread and its primary intent on being TO SUPPORT THE U OF M MARCHING BAND really just need to keep their traps shut. take your personal politics elsewhere please. the thread and the information contained within is about supporting the the U of M marching band and the thread is NOT about joe or amy senser and how you feel or don't feel about them.

It's not political. It's FUN!

Go Gophers!!!

EXACTLY! It's going to be fun. There's the football game, number boards, activities for kids, giveaways and other things still in the works. We want to have some fun watching the game and there's the added bonus that the band gets a little extra support. If you show up, glad to have you. If you don't, hope you still have fun with whatever you're doing instead. Just leave the politics at the door. Go Gophers!

I love the band, but it's my right to despise the Sensers.
If the band were doing a fundraiser at another establishment I would probably show up.

I love the band, but it's my right to despise the Sensers.
If the band were doing a fundraiser at another establishment I would probably show up.

I can only pray those in attendance find some way, any way to still have a good time, however futile that may be.

I can only pray those in attendance find some way, any way to still have a good time.

I can only pray that the Bird of Paradise $hits all over your birthday cake. But that you also find some way, any way, to still have a good time.

Yeah, because this is the only way to contribute to the marching band. A lot of the people who won't give a dime to the Sensers are people who have supported the U and the marching band for a long time with our wallets and support. I don't think it'sout of line for them to say they won't be attending the event because of where it's located.

Lastly...and you know all this how? I tend to believe there were a lot of irresponsible people involved here. Least of the bunch being Mr. Senser. FYI, I read he owns about 10-20% of the business. So those dozens and dozens of employees, vendors, and customers who make a living at and through use of the restaurant should just go screw themselves as well I guess. The "P" must stand for "pompous".

We all know what how? That we think Senser is acting like a jerk and at the very least he was incredibly shady when it came to his wife's actions.

You can't possibly think that Joe Senser is one of the least people involved in being irresposible for Amy Senser's actions. You can't possibly. If you do, you haven't followed the case even 1 tiny bit.

As far as the other employees....you're missing how this works. People are saying that they are going to go OTHER PLACES. So the "dozens and dozens" of employees at Sensers are missing out but the dozens and dozens of employees at other establishments are getting money.

You really believe it's pompous for people to not want to put any money into the Senser family? You and I have a very different idea of what makes someone pompous.

I can only pray those in attendance find some way, any way to still have a good time, however futile that may be.

There isn't a single person on this thread even hinting that the party wouldn't be fun and that it isn't for a good cause. This is doesn't make any sense. I believe the people are saying they wouldn't because it is at Sensers. Therefore, the band is losing money because of the establishment for which they are associated.

Two of his restaurants have already shut down because people have expressed their opinion of the situation with their pocketbooks (and also to get ready for the civil issue). You might disagree with it, but a lot of people are choosing not to go to Sensers because of this situation.

The viewing party would obviously be fun, no one questioned that. It'd just make more money if it was at one of the other thousand locations in the Twin Cities.

Loblaw-Why do you always feel you have to always justify your opinion? Add something of substance, instead of always being the resident know-it-all. Your rants get very old. You disagree with someone on their opinion, good, then move on. Let's not continue to go on and on about it. Have a nice day.

Loblaw-Why do you always feel you have to always justify your opinion? Add something of substance, instead of always being the resident know-it-all. Your rants get very old. You disagree with someone on their opinion, good, then move on. Let's not continue to go on and on about it. Have a nice day.

There actually is a 12 step program for some GopherHolers who do this. It is called On-and-On Anon. :)

There actually is a 12 step program for some GopherHolers who do this. It is called On-and-On Anon. :)

yep. and dpodoll is not only president of on-and-on-anon, he is also a client. ;)

Top Bottom