GOPHERS HIRING BEN JOHNSON

Well obviously it’s a bad hire if I want to fire him.
But I like his hire better than some guy like Craig smith
Who would be here for 9 years and make 1 ncaa tourney

At least Johnson is going to be 3 and done and we can start over

I'm not so sure about this. We have all assumed another train wreck and this administration would pull the plug. But he has been able to recruit some Minnesota kids. That was what everybody was clamoring about. So we have that going for us. I'm just not convinced this school cares enough about the basketball product to make a move this early and face the backlash for not giving this guy the same rope as the last guy.

I'm not so sure about this. We have all assumed another train wreck and this administration would pull the plug. But he has been able to recruit some Minnesota kids. That was what everybody was clamoring about. So we have that going for us. I'm just not convinced this school cares enough about the basketball product to make a move this early and face the backlash for not giving this guy the same rope as the last guy.
There won't be any backlash. No one cares. And they will care even less after another 4-16 season.

Pitino never had 2 consecutive seasons this bad, let alone 3 if things remain the same this year. The backlash would be very minimal if he fails to make the post season this year.

I don't usually disagree with Dpodoll68, but GROSS MY ASS, former Gopher player who was a leader on the court. Passionate about Minnesota Gopher Basketball, connections to the AAU coaching circuit, one of us, and this dude can flat out coach. I hope he brings Dave Thorson back with him to the Gopher sidelines and keeps at least one assistant from the last staff. If he does that we will right the ship.
Yeah nope.

Top Bottom