Gophers hired Ben Johnson 574 days ago

Nice breakdown. Thanks Tony. Easy for someone like me to understand.................

Anxious to see the team this year. You look at that 23-24 roster and it would be pretty exciting if all those guys stayed! It probably won't happen? But it would be nice if Battle stayed. Garcia has been reported to be a one year guy but he did come home to play....so maybe he stays two years?

Ben will be the coach for the foreseeable future recruiting Christie and Evans and the MN guys, plus Henley, last year. Betts in there too.
Great job Ben! Very exciting! Fox and Ihnen healthy will be fun to see play and make a big difference too!!

Timberwolves with Gobert...Gophers with Evans....gotta be able to share insights with each other.
Ya, thanks Tony!

Nice to see so many recruiting wins in three recruiting cycles: Dennis Evans, Parker Fox, Jamison Battle, Dawson Garcia, Pharrel Payne and Cameron Christi all could have played at great schools but chose Minnesota. They aren't flawed players who had talent but personality issues. They are all exactly what schools want. Then he's had some great diamond in the rough recruits too. It is really, really easy to support Ben Johnson. I continue to be so glad he was hired.

Just out of curiousity I looked up Pitino's 2nd recruiting class:

Nate Mason--GREAT gopher, one of our better players over the last 20 years
Squirrel Morris--Bad
Josh Martin--Made it what a month?
Bakary Konate--Terrible
Gaston Diedou--Maybe the worst 4 year scholarship use in the last 10 years

Mason being so good salvages this class but that might be the worst group of 4 players on any P5 recruiting cycle in the last 20 years. 3 total waste of scholarships and 1 guy who left immediately.

Evans/Christie/Whoever else feels like a god send!

Just out of curiousity I looked up Pitino's 2nd recruiting class:

Nate Mason--GREAT gopher, one of our better players over the last 20 years
Squirrel Morris--Bad
Josh Martin--Made it what a month?
Bakary Konate--Terrible
Gaston Diedou--Maybe the worst 4 year scholarship use in the last 10 years

Mason being so good salvages this class but that might be the worst group of 4 players on any P5 recruiting cycle in the last 20 years. 3 total waste of scholarships and 1 guy who left immediately.

Evans/Christie/Whoever else feels like a god send!

Interesting comparison. Mason was a stud, big props to Pitino on that. The Konate/Gaston duo was an absolute gong show from Day 1 and I still have no clue how the staff didn't force either of these guys out and essentially let them sit on the roster for years.

Top Bottom