Gophers highest KenPom losing team in history

fmlizard

Reaction score
The Gophers, at KenPom rank #32 going into Bloomington Wednesday night, are the highest ranked losing team in the 19 season history of the KenPom rankings. Only 2015 Florida who wound up #34 at 16-17 comes close.

Not sure if anyone has said this here yet, but damn. Look it up. #1 schedule + last minute losses.

The Gophers, at KenPom rank #32 going into Bloomington Wednesday night, are the highest ranked losing team in the 19 season history of the KenPom rankings. Only 2015 Florida who wound up #34 at 16-17 comes close.

Not sure if anyone has said this here yet, but damn. Look it up. #1 schedule + last minute losses.
349th rated in "luck" - amazing (-.135)

Typical that Gopher Sports breaks another best loser record.

I love this stat. After every loss I keep telling my out of state basketball pals, “this is the best <insert record> team I’ve ever seen”. Now I have the stats to back it up.

Reminds me of people on the GH football board pointing out that Auburn was one of the highest rated 9-3 teams ever before the Gophers played them in the Outback Bowl

This is why Pitino will be back next season. I think Coyle takes all this into account. Young team, close losses, tough schedule, and a very solid recruiting class coming in. Next season will certainly be his last if he can't get it done.

Top Bottom