Gophers have visitor today

Sweet! This cannot be a bad sign....

Here is Marcus' blog on the visit:

Joseph's younger brother visits
By Marcus Fuller

Five-star point guard Cory Joseph decided to visit his older brother and make an unofficial visit to Minnesota's campus on Monday, according to his AAU coach Ro Russell.

Joseph, a 6-foot-3 senior at Findlay Prep in Las Vegas, has schools such as Kansas, UCLA, Arizona and Georgetown recruiting him heavily this summer.

But Minnesota could have an edge, because Joseph's brother Devoe is a sophomore shooting guard on the team. I've heard that Joseph's mother also really likes Gophers coach Tubby Smith.

Russell, who coached the younger and older Joseph with Grassroots Canada, told me Monday that he thought the Gophers have a chance with Cory. That means a lot considering he's one of the top 15 recruits and top 3 point guards in the 2010 class.

I guess the idea of a potential all Joseph backcourt is pretty intriguing for the brothers and the family. We'll see if that actually makes a difference in the end.

Go Gophers!!

Nice

It's great that he is here and taking in the campus. However, I don't want to read too much into a visit to his brother.

One question for you posters: Is Cory that much better of a prospect than Devoe was, or is he just getting better exposure playing in Vegas rather than Canada?

Great question XMan

In general, basketball scouts and recruiters have expanded their reach and find players all over the world. Nevertheless I wonder if concerns about the level of competition might have kept Devoe's rating a little lower than he deserved.

I only saw Cory play on TV once and I was impressed. He's better than any other guard we have on the team now, including his brother. I don't think Rick Pitino would be recruiting him if he wasn't any good.

Corey is legit but I think Rivals has him overrated. They have him as a top 10 guy but I think more realistically he's top 20-30 material. I like Royce more than I do Corey and that's no knock on him. However I'm not a paid scout. Dude has a sweet J though and appears to have legit, B10 PG quickness meaning he's better than anyone we have right now. I would love to see an all Joseph backcourt in 2 years. We'd have our own version of the O'Bannon brothers

Thanks for your input. Sounds like he would be a great pickup. Hopefully his brother has his ear.

Wow, it would so sweet to land Corey Joseph! Although, based on previous comments he's made, it seems like he'll end up elsewhere. Does anyone know when he plans to announce?

Top Bottom