"Gophers have some of the biggest offensive guards and offensive tackles heading into the 2023-24 season."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Mujid:

The Minnesota Golden Gophers have some of the biggest offensive guards and offensive tackles heading into the 2023-24 season. The average weight/height of OLs on each Big Ten team are as follows:

Illinois Fighting Illini – 6-foot-4, 313 pounds
Indiana Hoosiers – 6-foot-5, 307 pounds
Iowa Hawkeyes – 6-foot-5, 296 pounds
Michigan State Spartans – 6-foot-5, 304 pounds
Maryland Terrapins – 6-foot-5, 310 pounds
Michigan Wolverines – 6-foot-5, 311 pounds
Minnesota Golden Gophers – 6-foot-6, 313 pounds
Nebraska Cornhuskers – 6-foot-4, 303 pounds
Northwestern Wildcats – 6-foot-5, 306 pounds
Ohio State Buckeyes – 6-foot-5, 309 pounds
Penn State Nittany Lions – 6-foot-4, 314 pounds
Purdue Boilermakers – 6-foot-4, 303 pounds
Rutgers Scarlet Knights – 6-foot-4, 305 pounds
Wisconsin Badgers – 6-foot-6, 312 pounds

Go Gophers!!

How they are athletically, their technique, and teamwork is what separates them . Basically the OL coach is the difference maker. Callahan is very good.

Can they "bend"? That's all I care about.

Interesting. This seems to be a trend that has been pretty constant during Fleck's tenure. Huge offensive line.

It makes me wonder what impact it will have, if any, on the overall offensive philosophy of the 2023 team going forward. Conventional wisdom might indicate that an extremely large offensive line is probably more suited to a grinding, run-first, physical offense.

On the other hand, the differences between the teams size-wise are mostly pretty minor.

But... who would have guessed that Iowa would have the smallest offensive line in the B1G? They average 17 lbs. lighter, per man, than Minnesota! That's shocking to me.

Top Bottom