Gophers have less time this week to address what went wrong

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

The scoreboard said it was a 25-point loss. The stats said Michigan amassed 481 yards of offense. And the record says the Gophers are 0-1.

All of those realities hit home in the postgame film review of Saturday night’s 49-24 home loss to Michigan for P.J. Fleck, but what the Gophers coach also saw were some opportunities lost and several moments to correct.

“There are a lot of things that you’d love to be able to have back,” Fleck said during a video news conference Monday. “When you watch the film, it’s a closer game than the actual score ends up, but nobody cares at the end of the day.”

Go Gophers!!

1 day isn't going to fix that mess...wooooof!!

Get them back on the field as quickly as possible to see if that was a fluke, if Michigan was really really good, if Maryland is really really bad, or, you know, we suck again.

I said it elsewhere, but this isn't the end of the world. These are problems we were talking about at the beginning of last year against lesser competition. Had we played Penn State to start the season last year, I have no doubt a similar game to last week's would have been had.

PJ's Gopher teams start slow. So far that has been consistent (though hopefully that will change eventually), we just finally had a starting game vs a ranked opponent who could take full advantage.

I know that they will avoid rematch games in the last week, but I honestly think it would be interesting to play Michigan at the end of the season too (barring any major injuries on either team) just to get a real gauge on how different PJ's teams are at the beginning of the year and at the end.

1 day isn't going to fix that mess...wooooof!!

Get them back on the field as quickly as possible to see if that was a fluke, if Michigan was really really good, if Maryland is really really bad, or, you know, we suck again.

I think if Minnesota and Maryland coaches compared the list of what needs to be fixed after week 1 our coaches would feel far better than theirs would right about now.

We had a disappointing showing against a ranked and probably very good Michigan team. They got steamrolled by an unranked and probably solid but not spectacular Northwestern team.

We are all bummed out by how the Michigan game went but need to keep some perspective in terms of who we played. Would much rather be in our position right now than Maryland's

I think if Minnesota and Maryland coaches compared the list of what needs to be fixed after week 1 our coaches would feel far better than theirs would right about now.

We had a disappointing showing against a ranked and probably very good Michigan team. They got steamrolled by an unranked and probably solid but not spectacular Northwestern team.

We are all bummed out by how the Michigan game went but need to keep some perspective in terms of who we played. Would much rather be in our position right now than Maryland's
Also, in recent seasons, we've been shaky to start but solid at the end and they've generally been the opposite. Solid at the start and then trending down as the season goes on.

I said it elsewhere, but this isn't the end of the world. These are problems we were talking about at the beginning of last year against lesser competition. Had we played Penn State to start the season last year, I have no doubt a similar game to last week's would have been had.

PJ's Gopher teams start slow. So far that has been consistent (though hopefully that will change eventually), we just finally had a starting game vs a ranked opponent who could take full advantage.

I know that they will avoid rematch games in the last week, but I honestly think it would be interesting to play Michigan at the end of the season too (barring any major injuries on either team) just to get a real gauge on how different PJ's teams are at the beginning of the year and at the end.

Keep in mind that Milton will have presumably had a season's more worth of starting experience. Just because PJ starts slow doesn't mean his teams are the only ones improving.

Both teams have equal time to fix their respective problems. Who has the best coaching staff/system and more players with the ability to quickly improve and make fewer mental errors. Then show up at game time ready to play and take care of the ball.
Gophers 31-24

I never said anything like that. Just that it would be an interesting gauge.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative if that came across that way. I'd be interested to see it, too, but while i think the Gophers would represent themselves better, i wouldn't put any money on them.

Both teams have equal time to fix their respective problems. Who has the best coaching staff/system and more players with the ability to quickly improve and make fewer mental errors. Then show up at game time ready to play and take care of the ball.
Gophers 31-24
Stop making sense.

Top Bottom