Gophers have highest first week renewal percentage in four years

Program turning around....the feeling is in the air. Can't wait for 8\29

per Doogie:

"• The Gophers had a little over 20% of their football season ticket accounts re-up in the first week to do so. That is highest it has been since they started keeping track four years ago."

Two things. They started keeping track four years ago? Second, the first week to do so. Major programs open renewals as soon as the season ends, or after a Bowl Game. Why are we waiting till March to open the process.

Hey I don't want to pay for my season tickets during or right after Christmas. I'd prefer if they waited until June, seats and tailgating get expensive.

Hey I don't want to pay for my season tickets during or right after Christmas. I'd prefer if they waited until June, seats and tailgating get expensive.

Every school does that. I have family that pays for CU Buffs tickets around this time too.

Program turning around....the feeling is in the air. Can't wait for 8\29

This is renewals not new orders. 20% of the people that bought tickets last year are coming back again which is a good thing but in terms of the general public getting on board that will come in the form of new season tickets being sold not renewals from fans that have already been on board. Not trying to dampen your spirit but not sure I would read much into what is a pretty meaningless stat.

I re-upped for the 37th year in hope that the B10 kicks out Nebraska, drops the playoff, doesn't expand - and the Gophers have a shot at a tie for the title. Won't happen, though.

This is renewals not new orders. 20% of the people that bought tickets last year are coming back again which is a good thing but in terms of the general public getting on board that will come in the form of new season tickets being sold not renewals from fans that have already been on board. Not trying to dampen your spirit but not sure I would read much into what is a pretty meaningless stat.
A uptick in interest, will manifest itself first, with your current fan base. Getting your base, on board early, allows more effort to be put into developing new fans, it does no good to add new fans, if lose old ones off the back end just as fast. It's good to have early renewals; it's a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom