Gophers favored by 20 vs. Miami Ohio

Gold Rush

Reaction score
Kind of a big line considering the injury to Ibrahim. I guess Vegas is thinking the Gophers bounce back in a big way this weekend. It would be nice to see a big win this Saturday regardless of the opponent!!

Kind of a big line considering the injury to Ibrahim. I guess Vegas is thinking the Gophers bounce back in a big way this weekend. It would be nice to see a big win this Saturday regardless of the opponent!!
Miami Ohio sucks. The line is what it is because they suck.

I think we cover. Miami Ohio is not good, and even without Mo I think our WRs are more than they can handle.

I think we cover. Miami Ohio is not good, and even without Mo I think our WRs are more than they can handle.
Even with backup running backs our O-line should provide a lot of running opportunities.

Last edited:

Cincinnati beat them by 35 and is currently ranked in the top 10. If the Gophs want to be perceived as a top ten team, they need to get close to that spread.

Should be a nice way to gauge the team. If we play poorly I expect the ‘we are hiding our playbook’ crowd to appear.

Should be a nice way to gauge the team. If we play poorly I expect the ‘we are hiding our playbook’ crowd to appear.
Yeah but playing poorly and winning close aren’t the same thing.

You can win by 10 and play okay and vanilla even against a bad team.
You can win by 24 and play bad against the same team.

Gophs will still have a RB over 100 yards, maybe two.

I took a couple moments to browse their board. Not much optimism over there. They are pretty discouraged about their team.

I took a couple moments to browse their board. Not much optimism over there. They are pretty discouraged about their team.
I'm surprised they have a board at all.

Don't really care how much we beat them by. I'll evaluate the team based on whether we win and who we play over the course of the season, not how good of a job we do running up the score against a bad opponent or keeping it close against a strong one.

I think we win by more than 20 if CAB is back. Assuming we aren't making a lot of unforced errors, our RBs should have a big day unless Miami really loads the box. And if we have CAB, Jackson, Wright and BSF to throw to, Miami should get burned by loading the box. I hope the Gophers play a lot of folks on Saturday (maybe let Annexstad shake off the rust for a quarter?), even if it comes at the expense of not being able to run up the score. Frankly, I'd give a few of our smaller but more fleet-footed LBs some meaningful playing time. We need to know our full range of game-speed options at LB (and Safety).

Top Bottom