Gophers, down a quarterback, rely on versatile Seth Green to again help fill the void

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck told junior Seth Green playing quarterback is like riding a bike, in that no one ever really forgets how.

The high school quarterback-turned wide receiver-turned sometimes wildcat QB didn’t quite buy that.

“He kind of looked at me like, ‘Really?,’ ” Fleck said. “ ‘Riding a bike? I think it’s a little bit easier than playing quarterback.’ ”

And yet, Fleck said Green has impressed him with his ability to switch hats quickly, especially in the wake of sophomore quarterback Zack Annexstad’s foot injury last week. Green has worked his way into the quarterback room a bit more now because of that, considering the depth at that position is now presumed sophomore starter Tanner Morgan and two true freshman, Cole Kramer and Jacob Clark, battling to be his backup.

Green endured his own lower-leg injury that limited him during spring football, so he hasn’t done much work at quarterback this offseason. Last season, Green checked in at wildcat often, adding a running dynamic to the position that Annexstad and Morgan lacked. Green scored eight rushing touchdowns last year.

“I feel our depth on offense is just a product of our work,” Green said. “That depth just gives us options, which I feel is very important, so that way you’re not limited to doing one or two specific things, and you can sort of open everybody up.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-green-to-again-help-fill-the-void/524283061/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom