Gophers could be a force in the Big Ten West and they could be a dangerous late November visitor to Indiana's Memorial Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily Hoosier:

Overall outlook: P.J. Fleck seemed to have Minnesota on a rocket ship trajectory through 2019 with its 11-2 record and Outback Bowl win over Auburn. But COVID didn’t treat Minnesota well and since 2019 the Gophers have lost two of the best wide receivers ever to dawn the uniform as well as several excellent defensive players. That being said, the Golden Gophers are not a team to be slept on and Indiana should take this one seriously even in its own stadium. Mohamed Ibrahim might be the nation’s best running back, Morgan is a more than capable playmaker as a quarterback, and there are several productive receivers in the fold even with Bateman and Johnson having moved on to professional football. The Gophers could be a force in the Big Ten West and they could be a dangerous late November visitor to Memorial Stadium the week before the Old Oaken Bucket game.

Go Gophers!!

Indiana has a beautiful campus. Stadium, if I recall, is a little odd.

Booked my flight and bought tickets for this game last week.

Never been to Bloomington and have heard great things. Excited to check another B1G school off the list!
Fly into Bloomington?

"That being said, the Golden Gophers are not a team to be slept on and Indiana should take this one seriously even in its own stadium."

Are there people saying otherwise?

"That being said, the Golden Gophers are not a team to be slept on and Indiana should take this one seriously even in its own stadium."

Are there people saying otherwise?
Indiana has looked better lately.

I'm sure they have their share of fans like we do who see a good season and suddenly declare that anything less is "unacceptable"... like someone throwing a fit about a delay at a fast food joint.

Indiana has looked better lately.

I'm sure they have their share of fans like we do who see a good season and suddenly declare that anything less is "unacceptable"... like someone throwing a fit about a delay at a fast food joint.

I know that. Indiana has improved a bunch over the past several years. Defense is finally catching up to an offense that makes some noise.

Just think it's funny that this article is "reminding" people not to overlook Minnesota. That Minnesota should be taken seriously. A team that won ten games two years ago.

I get that Hoosier fans are pumped up that they had their first successive good seasons since ????....but acting like it's just Minnesota. lol. Might want to pump the brakes. How many games are they chalking up as wins already?

I know that. Indiana has improved a bunch over the past several years. Defense is finally catching up to an offense that makes some noise.

Just think it's funny that this article is "reminding" people not to overlook Minnesota. That Minnesota should be taken seriously. A team that won ten games two years ago.

I get that Hoosier fans are pumped up that they had their first successive good seasons since ????....but acting like it's just Minnesota. lol. Might want to pump the brakes. How many games are they chalking up as wins already?
Yeah
..we shouldn't overlook anyone still.

Some folks on here don't know that.

Some of the commenters on the Nebraska fan forum, when reviewing their 2021 schedule (which is tough), are counting Minnesota as one of the four obvious wins. It’s just Minnesota …

Some of the commenters on the Nebraska fan forum, when reviewing their 2021 schedule (which is tough), are counting Minnesota as one of the four obvious wins. It’s just Minnesota …
That's delusional. It's possible. But it would be an upset.

That's delusional. It's possible. But it would be an upset.
They came into the big ten thinking they would set up shop. Instead they have split with us, are 3-7 against Iowa and 1-8 against Wisconsin.

Some of us drove overnight to Bloomington for a game at their stadium during Mace's or Brewster's tenure.

Arrived at the stadium literally at sun-up and found a spot we thought was great on the rolling-flats outside the stadium. We had some Gophers stuff out and set up an early morning breakfast tailgate as the locals arrived.

Ended up being in the middle of the student tailgate area...literally surrounded by mucho kiddos who were there to party and not so much for the game. Anyway, it was interesting but we tailgated while the students got hammered...with much approval of the older alumni.

Anyway, went to the game and the Gophers won...when we came back to the minivan every horizontal spot had a beer bottle, liquor bottle, cup, can, or whatever alcohol conveyance that could be placed upright on a surface was there. It was really a thing of beauty in its own way but the "kids" were there for the reaction. Was tense for a couple of minutes but we were outnumbered and they actually didn't do any damage...which was remarkable in itself. The owner settled down pretty quick and we managed to convey that "okay, we're in your turf, and yeah we won but we're sorry"...or something similar. Even a few of them came over and helped "clean up" the car which was not easy...at least on the top of the mini-van.

So if you go pay attention to where you might park. Stay with the surface lots near the stadium. We ended up okay but time has gone by...hard to know what might be "normal" now for visiting fans.

BTW...it's worth going over to the students just not parking there. The band and football team paraded through the area kind of like the Gopher Walk...by their looks they knew we had not parked in the best spot. But still a fond memory.

I mean, can Indiana really sleep on anyone? I would think every visitor to Indiana in late November is dangerous for the Hoosiers.

Top Bottom