Gophers can blame loss on uniform selection!

Would we have won in FULL BANANA!

• Yes! BANANA Power would have helped!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Gophers are not affected by uniform choice.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Silly, Trix are for kids!

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
PSU lost to us in the full whites.

We lost in our maroon helmets and full whites.

Tua was lost for the season in the all-whites.

Do you see the pattern?

It's time, for FULL ON BANANA!!

Go Gophers!

Yes the White Decals on the helmets were hideous. THis is the second time we have worn that helmet decal with the All WHite uniforms and lost. Time to can the White decals on the helmets, they are bad juju.

The players spent a lot of time coming up with the unis last week. I won’t spend time ripping them on that effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bananas are full of potassium, and as we all know, hawks hate bananas. This is a fact.

For a time, all-whites were a fad with many teams adopting them for road games. There is no identity with them. Our road unis should be a signature gold and white (only the jersey white). Our home uniforms should be a signature maroon and gold, even if the helmets change or we go all-maroon with gold helmet or all banana with maroon helmet. Maroon & gold. But what we really need is a quarterback this week!

Dude, those uniforms were the WORST. When they rolled out of the tunnel I cringed. Looked like Arkansas or Miss St or something. Awful. Should've gone with the regular decals: M - W - M. I like as much Gold as possible on the road, but I know it's an Iowa color.

I didn't hate the uniforms. If you go all-white with Maroon helmet, the white decal is probably the right choice.
That said, I think full banana would have worked well.
Also the traditional Maroon,White,Gold would have been nice as well.

I preferred the w,w,w combo with anthracite or dark maroon decals they used at Oregon St.

Fleck should have used one of those timeouts to have the team change uniforms.

All white was fine, though the helmets were still too ornate and ostentatious.. Get back to your roots, Gophers: throwback uniforms and helmets like those worn in 60 - 62.

We lost because we failed to execute consistently inside the 30 yard line. That being said all white uniforms are ugly and should disappear.

Could have had maroon helmet with Goldy instead of that white M.

Brewster's teams wore the all white a few times including an all white helmet, with a Maroon M. I really hated this version though, that giant white M did make us look like Miss. State.

Then again, even though I got over it, I still hate the white numbers on the home maroon uniforms that make the gold pants look all weird, and create a Washington Redskins look.

Don't get me started on those wretched white basketball uniforms.

The players spent a lot of time coming up with the unis last week. I won’t spend time ripping them on that effort.

I cannot imagine it took longer than a vote.

That’s fine. The rest of us can make up for your silence. Those white pajamas were hideous!

I thought our maroon helmets looked more red than usual last week. Players maybe opted for a brighter shade of helmet.

Based on Twitter I think we might be wearing those uniforms again.

Can we stop blaming anything on uniforms?

Also, the chrome helmets suck

Love the chrome helmets.

But I love these helmets even more. This maroon with actual gold stickers and face mask are elite!

Top Bottom