Gophers at #10 in CFP poll

Gophers won in a head to head matchup in Minneapolis. I agree that the Gophers looked like the better team. But PSU also went on the road and beat Iowa where the Gophers could not.

Now....if only there where a way for you to admit that your analysis is incomplete....and that you can't admit it?

With regard to Minnesota vs. PSU specifically, my analysis is complete. Nothing else needs to enter into the equation.

For at least the third time, all of the other items (such as common opponent in Iowa) come into play when there's no head-to-head. When there is, it's pretty easy to declare who is the better team. For some reason, you think that PSU beating Iowa means more than Minnesota beating PSU.

The committee's task is to rank the teams, not to mollify dpodoll.

No sh1t, huh? Wow, I thought the CFP committee existed solely for my pleasure. Thanks for setting me straight.

I'm neither anxious nor angry regarding our ranking, so there's no need for me to be mollified. I'm never going to apologize for having opinions based on facts and logic, not to you or anyone else.

Maybe the committee thinks that Penn St would beat the Gophers on a neutral field, like Indy?

And thus, the head-to-head win at home, doesn't help our case as much as you believe it does.

Maybe the committee thinks that Penn St would beat the Gophers on a neutral field, like Indy?

And thus, the head-to-head win at home, doesn't help our case as much as you believe it does.

Specifically a close head-to-head at home.

If we had won in Happy Valley, we'd almost certainly be ranked higher. Winning at home is considered less impressive, and they are taking resume into account.

Incorrect. If the point of playing the game is to win championships, I invite you to find a team who wasn't highly ranked at this point of the CFP (say top 10 or higher) and still had an opportunity to play in the CFP. The final pre-CFP rankings mean the most, and the rest mean less, but to say the rest "mean zero" is ignorant.

At the risk of being called ignorant again, I was talking about the Gophers being ranked 8th/10th above/below PSU in this poll meaning nothing - not that SMU can go to the CFP despite being 25th, although it makes perfect sense you misunderstood :rolleyes:

No sh1t, huh? Wow, I thought the CFP committee existed solely for my pleasure. Thanks for setting me straight.

I'm neither anxious nor angry regarding our ranking, so there's no need for me to be mollified. I'm never going to apologize for having opinions based on facts and logic, not to you or anyone else.

I can't believe that your sarcasm and hostility used to annoy me. Now it pleases me.

I don't see a lot of room for the Gophers to move up without some chaos at the top of the list.

1. LSU - Not going to lose.
2. OSU - Not going to lose most likely.
3. Clemson - Definitely not going to lose.
4. Georgia - Going to lose and drop after SEC championship.
5. Alabama - Most likely won't lose to Auburn.
6. Utah - Don't see a win that will raise them ahead of Bama.
7. Oregon - Same rut as Utah.
8. Penn State - would have to win out to make it which means beat OSU.
9. Oklahoma - Don't see enough on schedule to vault Bama.
10. M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!!!! - Would have to win out to make top 4. OSU loss to PSU might make even that not enough.

Could the B1G get 2 teams in? Only if the wins out or if Minnesota beats unbeaten OSU in the Championship game. I think if Minny beats PSU in championship, committee would take a 1 loss OSU before Gophers.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom