#3 Iowa
#4 Ohio State
#6 Indiana
#6 Michigan
#6 Rutgers
#8 Purdue
#9 Illinois

Penn State (also "first 4 out")

Going to be a meatgrinder in the B1G this year with Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Us, and PSU. Nebraska will get better as the year goes too.

Going to be a meatgrinder in the B1G this year with Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Us, and PSU. Nebraska will get better as the year goes too.
Yep, to me, the top 3 (on paper) are pretty clear. ... Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. And I'd put Rutgers just a notch below those 3 (words I never thought I'd utter) .

After that, there appears to be a lot of wiggle room/unknowns between 5-12.

Ohio State seems to be projected a little bit too high

Ohio State seems to be projected a little bit too high
Playing a devils advocate here: Holtmann is really really good and OSU had some major locker room things going on. He'll turn it around especially adding the two transfers this year will help a ton

Playing a devils advocate here: Holtmann is really really good and OSU had some major locker room things going on. He'll turn it around especially adding the two transfers this year will help a ton

Seth Towns is really good. If healthy, he will probably be the leading scorer for OSU.

first four out...glad things never change...

It is an appropriately titled bracket projection-WAY TOO EARLY.

Be helpful if we knew who was on our roster to make any projections. Carr? Robbins? Gach? Curry healthy and 100%?
We could be very good....we could be flirting with 14th.

I should just book my trip to the Garden now!

Yep, to me, the top 3 (on paper) are pretty clear. ... Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. And I'd put Rutgers just a notch below those 3 (words I never thought I'd utter) .

After that, there appears to be a lot of wiggle room/unknowns between 5-12.
Right now I'd go Iowa as the clear number one and then if Dosunmu and Cockburn return Illinois as the biggest threat to challenge them. After that it is a pretty big jumble from about 2-12. I think Maryland is a team that will take a step back this year. Wisconsin returns basically everyone and probably should be towards the top but to me they are still very beatable. Michigan State will be interesting without Winston and especially if Tillman doesn't come back. Ohio State and Purdue both have had a decent amount of changeover this offseason and have great coaches but right now I'd put both towards the bottom of the 2-12 jumble. I'm not really buying Rutgers as an actual contender either. Yeah they return a bunch but they basically just dominated at the RAC last year and got beat on the road. Indiana is a team I could see ending up in that top 4 part of the conference.

Top Bottom