Gophers 7 point favorites

RememberMurray

Reaction score
This week's lines for the B1G West contenders:

Michigan State +7 @ Minnesota

Purdue +2.5 @ Nebraska

Ohio State -14.5 @ Wisconsin

(Iowa, Illinois idle)

I am hoping the Iowa will win gives them confidence / focus.

Michigan State on the other hand confidences probably pretty low.

Still, this is a wonky Gopher team, so I have no idea what to expect. They have a lot of improving their best to go before I would expect a win with any certainty.

That surprises me a bit, while defense was good against Iowa there is no way to really tell if they’re improving since Iowa offense is brutally bad. We have limited options at running back and Kman is sucking right now. 7 seems too high.

Good point but have you watched MSU this season? They are awful and very shorthanded. This is their injury report from last Saturday's game. That 7 points would have even been higher if the Gophers had two healthy running backs.

IMG_2680.jpeg

That surprises me a bit, while defense was good against Iowa there is no way to really tell if they’re improving since Iowa offense is brutally bad. We have limited options at running back and Kman is sucking right now. 7 seems too high.
Need to respond to the frequently-heard "don't know if our defense was good Saturday or just looked good because Iowa offense is so bad."

There is no confusion. Our defense was lights out good.

Ferentz teams have consistently had strong offensive lines and solid running game. Their backs were running into a brick wall. Their line could not hold back the relentless pressure from Baugh, JLR, Eastern, Danny, Jah, and Collins. Baranowski and Williams filled the gaps. Even Selig looked good (finally closer to healthy).

In addition to a spate of injuries, MSU has had a couple of regular contributors enter the transfer portal, I think ... If our offense can produce some TDs (big if, lately), we should win. Don't know about spread, but we should win. MSU is so depleted and has an interim coach who isn't getting it done (unlike Northwestern's).

Ohio St -14.5 looks like a good bet

Vegas still seems to believe the Fickell magic but not sure if I’m buying a team that trailed Illinois all game and lost at home to Iowa to keep it close with Ohio St

I think it's entirely possible that Mich st sneaks past us with a w, happens often when a team has a particularly emotionally jarring close win or loss in a big game the week prior. Hoping the staff gave them a couple days to enjoy but they're back to the grind now.

Said it earlier in the week: hammer the under (40.5), don't touch the spread. Both team's QBs are a disaster, MN top 3 RB's are likely out, MSU RB averaging under 3 YPC the past two games, MN defense just dominated a poor offense on the road, weather is likely to suck and be wet, etc.

Top Bottom