Gophers 4 losses and next 3 high major games...

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Are against teams with a combined record of 47-5.

Marcus mentioned this on Twitter.

Losses:
DePaul 8-0
Butler 8-0
Oklahoma 6-1
Utah 5-2

Next 3:
Iowa 6-2
Ohio St 7-0
OkSt 7-0

Not sure who these teams are beating but those are some lofty records. Helps that they are 4-0 against a high major opponent in Minnesota

Are against teams with a combined record of 47-5.

Marcus mentioned this on Twitter.

Losses:
DePaul 8-0
Butler 8-0
Oklahoma 6-1
Utah 5-2

Next 3:
Iowa 6-2
Ohio St 7-0
OkSt 7-0

Not sure who these teams are beating but those are some lofty records. Helps that they are 4-0 against a high major opponent in Minnesota

I guess that makes us the Texas A&M of the young basketball season - very good competition but mediocre record (although their football losses are to even better competition). I guess there is something to be said for that although I think the schedulers picked the wrong season to give us the stiffest non-conference schedule in years.

This is what's got the Gophers as the only four-loss team in the top 90 in the Sagarin ratings. We're at 53, which is not irreparable if they can clean some things up. Imagine if they'd won at least one of those games they dropped. The only opponent that was clearly better than them was DePaul.

The problem is how inconsistently they've played in games as well as how poorly they've finished a few of their games. What aches is that, with Oturu's ability to get himself in position for close-in baskets, they shouldn't have to have any of these extended scoring droughts.

Bad's post is spot on. We need to find more ways to get Oturu touches. The high pick and roll has not worked real well but I love when he gets the ball in the area of the free throw line and on in.

We need to find a way to win 2 of the next 3 games. If we are sitting 1-1 Big Ten and 7-5 overall going into the remainder of the Big Ten schedule we are at least respectable. At this point, I wish it was Iowa at home and OSU on the road because OSU is going to be very difficult for us to beat anywhere.

We need to see more and more of Omersa, his toughness is going to be badly needed in the Big Ten.

Gophers were also #62 in the RPI as of yesterday. NET rankings don't seem to be out yet. The Iowa game is huge as I don't see them beating OSU (either one).

Young team and tough schedule - this will bring them together or some cracks might start showing - it will reveal Pitinos future here.

Saw somewhere that Pitino scheduled these types of games with the thought that Coffey would be back. Would think we'd have at least a couple of those losses go the other way with him on board.

Saw somewhere that Pitino scheduled these types of games with the thought that Coffey would be back. Would think we'd have at least a couple of those losses go the other way with him on board.
Too bad Coffey didn't stay. Right now he has zero NBA minutes and is slated to play with Aguas Caliente in the G league but I see no stats...is he injured? Sure he is making a little dough at $79k but I wonder if he wished he were back in college playing in games that matter...

Too bad Coffey didn't stay. Right now he has zero NBA minutes and is slated to play with Aguas Caliente in the G league but I see no stats...is he injured? Sure he is making a little dough at $79k but I wonder if he wished he were back in college playing in games that matter...

I think he has an ankle injury.

We need to see more and more of Omersa, his toughness is going to be badly needed in the Big Ten.

I have two mental images of Omersa that I can't shake--one, his leaping up and down defending in the low post last year (seems to be under much more control this year), and two, his going nuts on the bench whenever a backup teammate hits a shot. He's very possibly my favorite Gopher--the guy just oozes passion, and it's great to see him getting the rest of his game put together this year.

Correct- he's battling an ankle injury and has yet to play a minute in the G League.

I'm sure Amir would never admit it, but odds are pretty high he misses playing college ball with his buddies in games that actually matter.

Not that I begrudge him the decision- if the #1 priority was overall career earnings then he probably made the correct choice.

Top Bottom