Gophers #157 in initial NET Rankings

St. Thomas checks in at #175, third among Summit League teams.

0-0 vs Q1
1-1 vs Q2
0-1 vs Q3
2-2 vs. Q4

There are 2 big 10 teams lower, im shocked!

You shouldn't be. Maryland has been poor so far this season and Penn State has lost four straight with the last one being to the #266 NET team by 9 points at home. Gophers have lost to #20 OSU, #49 San Francisco, and #114 Missouri.

I think the San Fran loss will look worse as the season progresses. I don't think that is a very good team. Definitely not #49 good

I think the San Fran loss will look worse as the season progresses. I don't think that is a very good team. Definitely not #49 good

No quantitative ranking index is perfect but all of them are better than a rating based on a person's casual observations. They are better because they are OBJECTIVE (all teams are subject to the same criteria) and they are based on THE ENTIRE BODY OF WORK. If USF is #49 now that's because they've earned it under the same criteria that is applied to all 360+ teams over all of their games.

Are you sure? I've heard they're a lock for the tournament, as they were last year...:cool:

No quantitative ranking index is perfect but all of them are better than a rating based on a person's casual observations. They are better because they are OBJECTIVE (all teams are subject to the same criteria) and they are based on THE ENTIRE BODY OF WORK. If USF is #49 now that's because they've earned it under the same criteria that is applied to all 360+ teams over all of their games.
I understand how it works. Point being, by the end of the year, they'll most likely be a quad 3 team, at best. Thus, making the loss look even worse than it does now

I understand how it works. Point being, by the end of the year, they'll most likely be a quad 3 team, at best. Thus, making the loss look even worse than it does now

Well, that's your opinion. I don't have an opinion and that's because my training inhibits me from speculating based on flimsy evidence.

Gophers' wins according to NET:

Bethune Cookman - #324
UTSA - #300
South Carolina Upstate - #275
Arkansas Pine Bluff - #336
New Orleans - #304

Remaining OOC NET Ranking:

FGCU - #298
IUPUI - #344
Ball State - #247
Maine - #197

Gophers' losses OOC according to the NET:

Missouri - #115
San Francisco - #48

Hard to believe but the OOC is actually worse than originally thought. Gophers Non conference SOS is 340.

Gophers' wins according to NET:

Bethune Cookman - #324
UTSA - #300
South Carolina Upstate - #275
Arkansas Pine Bluff - #336
New Orleans - #304

Remaining OOC NET Ranking:

FGCU - #298
IUPUI - #344
Ball State - #247
Maine - #197

Gophers' losses OOC according to the NET:

Missouri - #115
San Francisco - #48

Hard to believe but the OOC is actually worse than originally thought. Gophers Non conference SOS is 340.
I am picking up what you are laying down.

Top Bottom