GopherHole Quick Chat - Jacob Thomas talks Gophers and recruiting

Seen him play several times - I don't think he's up to Big10 standards yet. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't seem him starting at a Big10 school.

Could Thomas play point guard? It would be nice to have a 1 that could score.

Could Thomas play point guard? It would be nice to have a 1 that could score.

Justin Cobbs and the 47 points he dropped in his division championship game say "hi." I don't expect him to set the world on fire, but I definitely expect him to contribute, and his sophomore season, when Thomas would be a freshman, I expect him to be a very valuable asset to our team.

Seen him play several times - I don't think he's up to Big10 standards yet. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't seem him starting at a Big10 school.

Serious question, right now is he good enough to come off the bench to play a few minutes a game?

Comments from the Howard Pulley site regarding Thomas after the big Boo Williams event in Virginia:

"Jacob Thomas proved that he has arrived and belongs in that class of players also. He was considered the best shooter at the event and is on the list to attend the Paul Pierce Skill Academy."

http://www.howardpulleybasketball.com/

I only saw Thomas play once, but I was rather impressed. He is definitely a shooter, but he's not just a shooter. He defended well and was pretty good with the ball, though I would think he would have a lot of trouble playing PG. I don't think it would be a stretch for the Gophers to offer him.

He seems to really be waiting on that Gopher offer. If that offer arrives, sounds like it will be all but over for any other schools recruiting him.

And if he continues to progress, I would be surprised if he doesn't receive the aforementioned offer and ends up in maroon and gold.

Top Bottom