GopherHole Quick Chat – Chad Calcaterra talks about bulking up and official visits

Has Tubby offered?

Yes, he's had an offer since his sophomore year.

A side note on Chad - I was sitting next to his Dad at Pulley tryouts, and it turns out, Chad is quite the brain. They really put an emphasis on school over basketball, and Chad gets very good grades. I believe his Dad said that on the science part (or whatever they call it - I haven't taken it in a long time) of the ACT, he scored in the 94 percentile. Just sounds like a quality kid from a good family with strong values. And we certainly wouldn't have to worry about him qualifying!

Sounds like a good kid. That said, from what I have read on this board in the past and from other sources..it seems like Tubby wouldn't neccessarily accept Chad's commitment if it was offered at this point. Correct?

A Smarty

Yes, he's had an offer since his sophomore year.

A side note on Chad - I was sitting next to his Dad at Pulley tryouts, and it turns out, Chad is quite the brain. They really put an emphasis on school over basketball, and Chad gets very good grades. I believe his Dad said that on the science part (or whatever they call it - I haven't taken it in a long time) of the ACT, he scored in the 94 percentile. Just sounds like a quality kid from a good family with strong values. And we certainly wouldn't have to worry about him qualifying!

That explains Harvard and Stanford ! I didnt realize he was 6'10" 230 lbs. Can he make free throws?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds like a good kid. That said, from what I have read on this board in the past and from other sources..it seems like Tubby wouldn't neccessarily accept Chad's commitment if it was offered at this point. Correct?

That's why I asked him if the Gophers still had a strong interest, because I read many of the same things. Both Chad, and his Dad assured me that the offer is on the table, anytime Chad wanted to accept it. They didn't give him a time frame, deadline, and to their knowledge, they are not recruiting over him. They are very honest people, and that was their understanding, I think he's still high on the Gopher list.

Chad's selection may hinge as much or more on long-term academic/profession goals than just the BBall program and coach. Any idea what his academic interests are?

I'm guessing his success (or lack of it) in the summer circuit this year will really dictate where he goes to school.

Top Bottom