GopherHole Podcast: Nadine Babu interviews Richard Pitino, brings news to podcast fans!

Fantastic interview Nadine. Very well done, Pitino is such a great interviewee, loved the rapid fire questions at the end. Great insight on the beginning.

Go Gophers!!

Nice job, Nadine. Look forward to more of these as you are able to do them. It's always nice to get some depth and wider range of questions in a longer interview.

Really enjoyed listening to the podcast. Nadine does a great job and Coach Pitino is always good in this type of interview

Nadine is a treasure
I wish more people saw the real me like you do ;).

Really enjoyed listening to the podcast. Nadine does a great job and Coach Pitino is always good in this type of interview
He really is. I was actually really nervous because he's so good, and I needed to make sure I was on point.

Nice job, Nadine. Look forward to more of these as you are able to do them. It's always nice to get some depth and wider range of questions in a longer interview.
Thank you! Hoping to take advantage of the extra time that people have now.

Fantastic interview Nadine. Very well done, Pitino is such a great interviewee, loved the rapid fire questions at the end. Great insight on the beginning.

Go Gophers!!
Thank you! I mean...can I be his caddy in that golf game with his dream 4some?

Pretty good Interview
Thanks. Next time I'll work on getting up to good, and not just pretty good ;).

good interview, really enjoyed it

I'll admit, I've shifted to its time for MN to move on, but since he's here, he's got my 100% support. Also very good at interviews and with media in general

I should of probably started out by saying that we just moved the GopherHole podcast over to the Talk North Platform, where we're joining some big dogs like Cheryl Reeves, Jim Souhan, Jonny Athletic and Michael Russo.

If you're already subscribed, you are set to go! Here's also the link to the new one ->

https://share.transistor.fm/s/fc20abce

I also wanted to thank Phil Mackey for giving us our start with the GH podcast. He convinced me that people would listen, and they did. I also love it. WAY more fun than transcribing 30 minute interview. He taught me a lot.

Please, also let us know what guests you'd like to have on. We already have a few planned for next week!

Last edited:

Absolutely

everyone’s got their quirks. If I have any criticism of the interview it would be that your initial reaction to most of his answers was that word.
Was distracting, not to a level of annoyance just to a level of notice. Which matters.

Absolutely

everyone’s got their quirks. If I have any criticism of the interview it would be that your initial reaction to most of his answers was that word.
Was distracting, not to a level of annoyance just to a level of notice. Which matters.

geez dude.it was a very good interview.

Superb interview. Good mixture of the fun stuff with meaningful questions. Great to have this to listen to during the most depressing sports season that ever was.

Pitino comes off like a good guy.

Nadine - one question I would have for next time:

Do the assistant coaches have specific responsibilities? As in, does one coach focus on defense, or does one coach mainly work with big men versus guards and wings? I would be interested in hearing how the coaching duties are divided - and during games, who does what in the huddle.

Really, really enjoyed that interview. Well done, Nadine, and Pitino is still the most interesting MN interview
He is a great interview, glad you enjoyed it, thank you!

Pitino comes off like a good guy.

Nadine - one question I would have for next time:

Do the assistant coaches have specific responsibilities? As in, does one coach focus on defense, or does one coach mainly work with big men versus guards and wings? I would be interested in hearing how the coaching duties are divided - and during games, who does what in the huddle.
That's a great question - I remember under Monson, those roles were very defined. I'm not so sure with Tubby and Pitino. Now we really need a part 2!

Superb interview. Good mixture of the fun stuff with meaningful questions. Great to have this to listen to during the most depressing sports season that ever was.
That's very kid of you, thank you!

Fantastic work, Nadine! Interview flowed nicely. Would so like to see Pitino get this program rolling.
Thank you! I think we all are rooting for him to win!

Absolutely

Ha, thanks for the heads up - I've actually never been told that or noticed it. I'll work on that!

Enjoyed the interview. I am a bit dismayed that he listed Gladiator as one of his favorite movies. Maybe I need to revisit it, but I voted thumbs down on that one.

Enjoyed the interview as well. I thought it was particularly interesting what he did or, in some cases, didn't say about Carr testing the waters. When mentioning guys from the program going to the NBA and how beneficial it was to recruiting, he specifically mentioned Coffey and Oturu but no Carr. When asked about Carr and 'the process', he seemed to categorize it as a fact finding expedition. I inferred he fully expects him back (as do I).

Thanks for the insight.

Top Bottom