GopherHole Give-A-Away, No-Ads Option and More in 2019 Donor Drive

Saw an earlier post asking for info about when the ads are gong to be turned off and I have the same request now? Hoping it's earlier rather than later. Please advise....

Thank you.

Saw an earlier post asking for info about when the ads are gong to be turned off and I have the same request now? Hoping it's earlier rather than later. Please advise....

Thank you.

We have some of the no-ads set, waiting on confirmation when the second group will have ads turned off, should be in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay.

Just donated. Only want to say thank you for everything. You people are the greatest.

If a person donates $100 for a year, that works out to a little less than two dollars per week. As I was considering the amount to donate, the "no-ads" feature was very enticing, but what really did it for me was asking myself the question, "Do I get two dollars' worth of entertainment per week by reading and posting to GopherHole?"

The answer was obvious: Yep!

Thanks for all the work you put in, to make this a fun site for Gophers fans.

We have some of the no-ads set, waiting on confirmation when the second group will have ads turned off, should be in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay.

So it's been a week since this "next day or so" and I am still fighting thru these insufferable ads... they are really bad on my mobile and that's what I use the most. Looking for relief..?? Thank you.

@WAGopher, @pharmacygopher @Maverick, your ads have been turned off on desktop, please let us know if you have any issues. Sorry for delay. We are working through others as well and all should be updated by tonight. There is a delay on some mobile ads but we are working through that as well.

@WAGopher, @pharmacygopher @Maverick, your ads have been turned off on desktop, please let us know if you have any issues. Sorry for delay. We are working through others as well and all should be updated by tonight. There is a delay on some mobile ads but we are working through that as well.
Appreciate the update. Pretty much use via mobile only.

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate you guys and this site!!

Thank you for getting most of the ads turned off. I'm on desktop now and there are still ads inbetween forum comments. Just in case it helps, I've attached an image of the ad:

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 2.24.17 PM.png

Any update on removing the ads between comments? There are still quite a few for me on the mobile site.

Any update on removing the ads between comments? There are still quite a few for me on the mobile site.

@SeattleGopher, hopefully you saw our email reply earlier today as well on this topic. We are having some challenges with turning ads off on the phone but we have an IT ticket in and hope to have it resolved soon.

Anyone get their hat, koozie, etc. yet?

Dear GopherHole,

You may not be aware, but the most annoying type of ad is still on for those that donated not to have ads. It is an ad that pops up over content at the bottom of the page. And if I close the ad, the popup is still there with the ‘Ad closed by Google’ message.

If I still have to view an ad, I’d much rather have it be an inline ad that doesn’t cover up the website content.

Hopefully, you can identify the cause and fix it. Or remove popover ads completely.

Thank you!

Top Bottom