Gopher Softball 2024

7-0 loss to South Dakota St better turn the temperature up a few clicks on the hot seat

An almost full house of interested fans at JSC ballpark v. SDSU last night. Sadly, the Gophers weren't there in spirit. They acted uninvolved. Disappointing to watch.

An almost full house of interested fans at JSC ballpark v. SDSU last night. Sadly, the Gophers weren't there in spirit. They acted uninvolved. Disappointing to watch.
It’s harder to accept this now knowing that it wasn’t up against Tori Kniesche.

When the Gophs only get about 10 home games a year and cant seem to win them makes it extremely frustrating. Apparently there's no bench help as Piper uses the same lineup every game. With the season lost, I would like for her to get some others playing time, but I would like a lot of things lol

Have you spoken to any players or parents about the team dynamic. I have heard that really get along together and enjoy playing with each other. So, unless you have information to the contrary, I am going to disagree with this assumption.
I have not spoken to anyone I attribute it to body language.

Case in point: game yesterday (I attended) 5th inning, 2 outs Oakland on first down 5-0

Krapf hits a pop down the first base line could have been within a foot of either being fair or foul She walked about half way to first and headed to the dugout. No run it out, no hustle, no care. Telling in my opinion.

They may get along, but they don't play for each other. Big difference.

I have not spoken to anyone I attribute it to body language.

Case in point: game yesterday (I attended) 5th inning, 2 outs Oakland on first down 5-0

Krapf hits a pop down the first base line could have been within a foot of either being fair or foul She walked about half way to first and headed to the dugout. No run it out, no hustle, no care. Telling in my opinion.

They may get along, but they don't play for each other. Big difference.
Good points. Not sure why there has been a steady decline since the Ohio State series. But, it is rather telling. In fairness to Taylor, she has been the lone catcher since Lindmark left and she is nursing a tender knee.

I think the frustration is starting to show on some players. This is something nobody on the team has ever had to really deal with.

Regarding facing Kniesche, we have hit her pretty well in the past. The pitcher they faced last night was wild early in the year but has won her last seven starts dating all the way back to mid-March, so don’t let her overall stats fool you. She has been pitching far better than any of our pitchers.

Good points. Not sure why there has been a steady decline since the Ohio State series. But, it is rather telling. In fairness to Taylor, she has been the lone catcher since Lindmark left and she is nursing a tender knee.
I agree! My admiration for Krapf has increased more than for any other player. She catches every single inning, handling potential wild pitches & going to the circle to talk to faltering pitchers when no one else does, even the HC. Her weariness shows even on her tosses back to the circle. It's noticeable how many pitchers & catchers have come & gone under this coaching staff the past 3 years, including the mysterious Lindmark. Krapf has stayed.
To me, the Gophers' most noticeable mark of frustration was at the plate. SDSU's pitcher was often behind in counts. Then at 3-2, she simply sent fast balls down the middle of the strike zone, which our hitters tamely watched sail by for called third strikes.

When the Gophs only get about 10 home games a year and cant seem to win them makes it extremely frustrating. Apparently there's no bench help as Piper uses the same lineup every game. With the season lost, I would like for her to get some others playing time, but I would like a lot of things lol
Bring on the freshman. Give them some experience in the final 7 games.

Top Bottom