11/9 - Kansas City - BTN+
11/12 - Western Kentucky - ESPN U
11/14 - TBD - ESPN U/ESPN 2
11/19 - Purdue Fort Wayne - BTN+
11/30 - Pittsburg - ESPN U
12/5 - Mississippi State - ESPNU
12/22 - Green Bay - BTN+
12/29 - Alcon State - BTN+

Looks like 2 months of BTN+ charges this year. I don’t exactly recall if ESPN U is part of the standard cable package these days, so I included it. If you know how to get SEC network through ESPN, please speak out.

Last edited:

I have both ESPNU and SEC (which I’ve never watched). BTN+, however, blows big time. Lots of radio games for me (if they are engaging enough to follow).

It will cost you $21.40 (with tax) to get 2 months of BTN Plus.

Shouldn't be a big deal. The P-B-P is a little cheesy, unless it is simulcast with KFAN. There were a few of those last year with the women.

Last edited:

I'm guessing ESPN U will have the Princeton/South Carolina game as well. Assuming A&M CC and Jacksonville will be BTN+ as well.

They don't have the exhibition game listed as BTN+. Usually they would show that?

DateTimeAtOpponentLocationTVRadioTournamentResult
November 1, 2021 (Monday) 7:00 PM Home Concordia-St. Paul Williams Arena
November 9, 2021 (Tuesday) 7:00 PM Home Kansas City Williams Arena B1G+
November 12, 2021 (Friday) 5:30 PM Neutral Western Kentucky Asheville, N.C. ESPN U Asheville Championship
November 14, 2021 (Sunday) TBA Neutral South Carolina or Princeton Asheville, N.C. ESPN Networks Asheville Championship
November 19, 2021 (Friday) 6:00 PM Home Purdue Fort Wayne Williams Arena B1G+
November 24, 2021 (Wednesday) 8:00 PM Home Jacksonville Williams Arena BTN
November 30, 2021 (Tuesday) 6:00 PM Away Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, PA ESPNU ACC/Big Ten Challenge
December 5, 2021 (Sunday) 1:00 PM Away Mississippi State Starkville, MS SEC Network
December 8, 2021 (Wednesday) 8:00 PM Home Michigan State Williams Arena BTN
December 11, 2021 (Saturday) 5:30 PM Away Michigan Ann Arbor, MI FS1
December 14, 2021 (Tuesday) 7:00 PM Home Texas A&M - Corpus Christi Williams Arena BTN
December 22, 2021 (Wednesday) 7:00 PM Home Green Bay Williams Arena B1G+
December 29, 2021 (Wednesday) 7:00 PM Home Alcorn State Williams Arena B1G+

you can always try to find an illegal stream. I have had mixed success with that for non-conf Gopher FB games. I've found some OK streams, and I've found sites where they want you to sign up for something that looks sketchy.

My cable system does not have ESPN U. I have ESPN+, but they tend to black out games that are available locally.

I'm guessing ESPN U will have the Princeton/South Carolina game as well. Assuming A&M CC and Jacksonville will be BTN+ as well.
Asheville Championship Schedule
Friday the 12th
Gophers vs. WKU, 5:30 on ESPNU
Princeton vs. South Carolina, 8:30 on ESPNEWS

Sunday the 14th
3rd Place Game 4 on ESPNU
Championship Game 6:30 on ESPN2

Do I want to watch this train wreck that ($21.40) bad? I suppose I do, but I dislike that the Big Ten is forcing me to consciously answer that question.

Do I want to watch this train wreck that ($21.40) bad? I suppose I do, but I dislike that the Big Ten is forcing me to consciously answer that question.
Question: will the team make the student tv crew sound better or worse?

Question: will the team make the student tv crew sound better or worse?
The students will certainly get plenty of practice. They’ll probably know the Gopher team better than 98% of the fans by the fourth game.

The Concordia game now shows as being televised on BTN+. Might be close and worth a watch.

Last edited:

The Concordia game now shows as being televised on BTN+. Might be close and worth a watch.
Thank you, time to renew my subscription! I am likely watching all the games on that this year since watching live probably won't be great for most games and saves me $70/month on any service I would need to watch games live, they offer great cut down versions skipping over the timeouts and commercial breaks afterward.

ESPNU and the SEC Network are part of my comcast package. BTN+ is a bummer.....but seems to be a yearly thing to have at least a few there.

Youtubetv has BTN+, espnU, sec network, acc network. Doesn't have bally sports north

Yikes. That’s brutal. This is by far the least excited I’ve been about Gopher hoops since Monson’s last season. I can’t imagine this TV schedule will help people get on the bandwagon.

My Youtubetv listing shows BTN, but not Plus.
Correct.
YTTV has overflow channels in case you want to see a regional game. For instance if you were living in Maryland and they were playing Indiana at the same tome the Gophers were playing Illinois, you could get onto the overflow channel and watch the Gopher game. That, however, has nothing to do with BTN+.

Correct.
YTTV has overflow channels in case you want to see a regional game. For instance if you were living in Maryland and they were playing Indiana at the same tome the Gophers were playing Illinois, you could get onto the overflow channel and watch the Gopher game. That, however, has nothing to do with BTN+.
My mistake, I assumed it was +. Dang this sucks

Your guide to the pregame tv crisis:

12/5 - Mississippi State - SEC Network
12/22 - Green Bay - BTN+

Looks like 2 months of BTN+ charges this year. I don’t exactly recall if ESPN U is part of the standard cable package these days, so I included it. If you know how to get SEC network through ESPN, please speak out.
Sunday's game at Miss. State has been moved from SEC Network to ESPNU....

Hey at least we can watch the game now! Although that times rather poorly with the Vikings game and I don’t have a lot of faith in us stopping Tolu Smith down low (6’11” 245lb).

Your guide to the pregame tv crisis:

12/5 - Mississippi State - SEC Network
12/22 - Green Bay - BTN+

I get ESPNU, ACC and SEC on YTTV.
The games on BTN+ are not worth my time.

I discovered Vidgo when looking for a way to watch the Pitt game. It seems pretty good, and may be the cheapest option for a service including the channels you have mentioned. It is $55 per month with a 7 day free trial.

I borrow my parents cable login for most games and they do not get ACC or ESPNU. YYTV has a two day trial which I spent on the Pitt game. Gotta find a way to get another trial! I miss the days yytv was 35 a month. Now that was the life.

I discovered Vidgo when looking for a way to watch the Pitt game. It seems pretty good, and may be the cheapest option for a service including the channels you have mentioned. It is $55 per month with a 7 day free trial.
What we like about YTTV is that we can have three devices running on one subscription.
We have one in the family room, one in the bedroom and one at the lake so I could kick DirectV to the curb and save $100+/month for more sports channels.

What we like about YTTV is that we can have three devices running on one subscription.
We have one in the family room, one in the bedroom and one at the lake so I could kick DirectV to the curb and save $100+/month for more sports channels.
Vidgo also allows three simultaneous devices, but it is cheaper ($55 per month) than YTTV. I used to have YTTV when it was $35 per month, but I eventually dropped it when the prices kept rising. Like I said, I was looking for a way to see the Pitt game -- I checked out YTTV, Fubo, and Vidgo. Vidgo was the cheapest option with ESPN U, so I am trying it for the free seven day trial. I may not keep it and pay, since it looks like I will not need ESPN U after Sunday.

Vidgo also allows three simultaneous devices, but it is cheaper ($55 per month) than YTTV. I used to have YTTV when it was $35 per month, but I eventually dropped it when the prices kept rising. Like I said, I was looking for a way to see the Pitt game -- I checked out YTTV, Fubo, and Vidgo. Vidgo was the cheapest option with ESPN U, so I am trying it for the free seven day trial. I may not keep it and pay, since it looks like I will not need ESPN U after Sunday.
I’m going to be giving it a 7 day shot starting Sunday. Only recently heard of it.

Top Bottom