Gopher hype video: Athan answering questions for 7 minutes. That's it. Chili heat index is nuclear.

swingman

Reaction score

Enthusiasm, confidence really comes through.

Loves his transfer WRs, very good route connections between QB and WRs.

So happy to have Crab back.

He and Brev are in synch.

Loves all the RBs.

Glad he doesn't have to face this defense. Nubin a freak athlete, super smart. D-line and corners are really, really good.

Mentions Dev Williams among the many guys who stand out on the other side of the ball.

Last edited:

The interview that follows with Kirk Cousins is a good listen too!

Saw a bunch of the football team at the fair today. Hope they enjoyed the summer MN good vibes that the fair bring

(Was also cool to see the Axe)

Hopefully him mentioning how good the d-line was means that they actually improved as a group and not our offensive line regressing with the 3 departures

Man, he looks a great face of the team for the next couple years until he's a 1st rounder.

I like Athan, I'm hopeful.

But I'm still not entirely sold on him being the guy as much as some folks are ... granted he's young, got time too.

This kid is the real deal. I’m even more sure after seeing him here that he’s a natural leader of men — which at the quarterback position like it or not we haven’t had in forever. Fleck anointed Morgan and Kill anointed lLeidner but neither of them played well in the locker room of that I’m sure. He’s got some gunslinger in him and his talent is undeniable. What a breath of fresh air he throws some Fleckisms into the interview but not many. If he stays healthy, and I think that has to be a bit of a concern with our OL, it’s going to be a special year. I think some of our younger OL like Nelson and Johnson are stars in the making and I hope that PJ doesn’t stick with Boe and Shaw and some of those older kids who haven’t played much and who I don’t think can compete in the Big Ten.

This kid is the real deal. I’m even more sure after seeing him here that he’s a natural leader of men — which at the quarterback position like it or not we haven’t had in forever. Fleck anointed Morgan and Kill anointed lLeidner but neither of them played well in the locker room of that I’m sure. He’s got some gunslinger in him and his talent is undeniable. What a breath of fresh air he throws some Fleckisms into the interview but not many. If he stays healthy, and I think that has to be a bit of a concern with our OL, it’s going to be a special year. I think some of our younger OL like Nelson and Johnson are stars in the making and I hope that PJ doesn’t stick with Boe and Shaw and some of those older kids who haven’t played much and who I don’t think can compete in the Big Ten.
??

The vast majority of starting O linemen in college football are mature men who have been in school several years. No reason to believe new recruits are better today are better than Boe and Shaw.

The vast majority of starting O linemen in college football are mature men who have been in school several years. No reason to believe new recruits are better today are better than Boe and Shaw.
Agreed, but those two are grown ass men and athletic and PJ has talked them both up and I think for good reason. Doubt either has played center though so that remains a problem area, regardless.

Top Bottom