Gopher fans in Fargo/Moorhead?

joekulas12

Reaction score
To all Gopher Fan in the Fargo/Moorhead area,

Does anyone know of a good establishment to watch the games at, especially the upcoming Colorado State game? With that game being on CBS Sports Network (Seriously, why!!??), I am going to need to find a place to watch the game. So, if any fans out there in F/M want to get together to watch the game, let's get things going on this thread and find a place to watch it!

I live about 25 miles from Fargo and I never found anyplace to watch games in town. I've heard from the old butt doctor that he likes to watch the Gophers at Mabel Murphy's in Fergus Falls, but I've never been there, either.

Drop me a line if you want to catch a game at my house. We'll hang the Gophers flag up by the front door and chow down on some meat salad while the Gophers collect all the trophies this year.

I lived in Fargo/Moorhead for most of my mid to late 20's. Really the only place I found was Buffalo Wild Wings, which they will give you some obscure secondary TV to watch the game on, otherwise its the Bison on TV, and if they arent playing when the Gophers are, then they will have the premiere games on their main TV's.
And its kind of odd when it comes to the Gophers up there. They hate us for seemingly no reason. A lot of Bison fans are UND hockey fans, so that might be where it comes from, as well as them having the belief that they can beat any FBS school, and thinking the Gopher program has chickened out of playing them for the foreseeable future. Expect a lot of banter. Mostly friendly, but it gets pretty old.

If you're in the Detroit Lakes area, Bleachers is always good and Gopher friendly, and Lakeside Tavern just expanded and added four huge flat screens in a new bar area. Both good choices.

If you're in the Detroit Lakes area, Bleachers is always good and Gopher friendly, and Lakeside Tavern just expanded and added four huge flat screens in a new bar area. Both good choices.

I would second both of those as well

I live in Fargo and just about every sports bar can get the Gophers games. Colorado State I'm not so sure about but I would be shocked if the sports bars don't get the CBS Sports Channel.

Dave's Southside Tap in Moorhead. Watched the Gophers/UCLA NCAA hoops game there a few years back. Moorhead is still a Gophers town - hanging on despite the propaganda about the Buffs. There will be a lot of Gopher fans there.

I was at Tailgators in Fargo for the gopher game last week. They have plenty of large big screens and I was able to convince the bartender to put the game on audio for the 2nd half. Unfortunately the Vikings preseason game was more important then the gophers game to the other people in the bar so I had to listen to that game while watching the gophers 1st half. I prefer this location over Buffalo WW. It is much less crowded but not as nice. Also the bar in the holiday inn is a good location also.

Top Bottom