Good Summary On Chip Armelin

Apparently, from what I can gather, Armelin was a pretty good HS hoops player in Louisiana, but decided that he would play football as well instead of just concentrating on hoops his senior year. He had a great season at wide receiver and was being heavily recruited to continue playing football by some good schools.
-----------------------------------------------

I don't get this comment. Didn't he play football and basketball as a freshman, sophomore and junior also?

Is that the way most D1 players do it now? Just play one sport your senior season? I thought it was pretty normal to play football, basketball and even baseball every year in high school, especially if your a superior athlete.

Apparently, from what I can gather, Armelin was a pretty good HS hoops player in Louisiana, but decided that he would play football as well instead of just concentrating on hoops his senior year. He had a great season at wide receiver and was being heavily recruited to continue playing football by some good schools.
-----------------------------------------------

I don't get this comment. Didn't he play football and basketball as a freshman, sophomore and junior also?

Is that the way most D1 players do it now? Just play one sport your senior season? I thought it was pretty normal to play football, basketball and even baseball every year in high school, especially if your a superior athlete.

No. He never played football until senior year and made All-State (Hon Ment) as WR.

Gophers are getting Teen Wolf!

Slam Online had this to say about Chip Armelin during last season:

“Teen Wolf” is the nickname Tone came up with for Chip Armelin, a high school senior at Sulphur HS in Louisiana. Chip came to New Orleans to battle legendary St. Augustine (alma mater of Kerry Kittles and the aforementioned “Lil’ General,” among others) in the state playoffs. Rocking an ’80s high-top fade (not to the Brandon Jennings extreme), high-top Dunks and ’90s baggy shorts (longer than short shorts, the kind your mom semi-approved of), Teen Wolf put on a ridiculous show. The 6-3 cousin of ex-Texas Tech star Martin Zeno hit numerous deep treys, hit off his Hoosiers-like teammates with no-look dimes and threw down monstrous bangs on the break. Kinda like the ’80s Michael J. Fox flick, right?
Teen Wolf dropped 30-plus on defensive-minded St. Aug (at least 20 in the first half), but ran out of gas late and his supporting cast (including a 6-8 guy who only shot jumpers…hmm?) couldn’t bail him out. Teen Wolf feels CP3’s pain. Yes, indeed.

I'm looking forward to seeing these in the student section.

teen-wolf-costume-01.jpg

Class 5A All-State Basketball Teams (2010)
Second team
Chip Armelin, Sulphur 6-3 So. 17.5

(2009)
Second team
Chip Armelin, Sulphur 6-3 Jr. 17.8

LOL ... that's good ... but couldn't you have photoshopped "Gophers" over "Beavers"?

I've seen DWG type and write and I think he's an alcoholic with bad taste in movies.

Dude can sure put together a blog, however!

I've seen DWG type and write and I think he's an alcoholic with bad taste in movies.

Dude can sure put together a blog, however!

Funny. I just watched Dinocroc vs. Supergator while drinking Trader Joe's beer.

Dollarwise it ain't a bad brew.

And the DWG blog is worth every penny I spend on it.

Top Bottom