Good luck this fall...

Radio Badger

Banned
Reaction score
It might not be what we're supposed to say, but good luck to the Gophers this fall. I think that you found the right coach in Jerry Kill (substance over style will be very refreshing for you guys after watching Brew for the past few years; it's like having a nice apple after a day at the fair full of cheese curds and pronto pups).

The one thing I'll offer is to be patient. Remember that Kill is trying to build a program, and that will probably take a little time. Give the man a fair shot, because I think you have a good one. Now go take the Trojans down, and we'll see you at the Bank later this fall.

Take care,

Radio Badger

Yes, we Gopher fans will need to be patient and we need to be ready to forgive a new BT coach if he has a 'relationship' with a teenager. Who knows- he might be our AD some day.

Yes,

Yes, we Gopher fans will need to be patient and we need to be ready to forgive a new BT coach if he has a 'relationship' with a teenager. Who knows- he might be our AD some day.

and we would also need to forgive him if like our neighbor coach to the East he frequents the strip joints along I-94

his kid may also nuke a live bird in a microwave.

Thanks. We are all looking forward to finally see them on the field Saturday. We'll be watching closely to see how the team carries itself compared to the previous coaching experience.

Thanks. We are all looking forward to finally see them on the field Saturday. We'll be watching closely to see how the team carries itself compared to the previous coaching experience.

I think you'll find that it's delightful to have the players actually improve during their time on campus. You haven't seen that in a few years.

Isn't our neighbor coach to the east now engaged? Which strip joint did they meet at?

Thanks Radio.

Gopher fans are well aware of how well the UW program has done under Bielema and also know that Coach Alvarez was the man to get things going. Some probably won't admit it but the Wisky program is where we want to be down the road. Bielema has done well even though many Gopher fans despise him. We would prefer having a guy like Coach Kill do it for us.

Thanks Radio.

Gopher fans are well aware of how well the UW program has done under Bielema and also know that Coach Alvarez was the man to get things going. Some probably won't admit it but the Wisky program is where we want to be down the road. Bielema has done well even though many Gopher fans despise him. We would prefer having a guy like Coach Kill do it for us.

I'll be the first to admit that I was one that was steadfast in my confidence that Bielema would fail miserably before too long. In making that assessment, I failed to consider one major factor, which is shocking because it's one of the pieces of advice that I dole out most frequently;

He's surrounded himself with good people.

Bielema is more than enough of an incompetent buffoon to have failed miserably by now but he hired a great staff that has helped keep the ship in the same direction as it was under Barry. For that, and that alone, I give BB all the credit in the world. Successful people surround themselves with good people, and Bielema did just that.

I would liken it to Lovie Smith with the Chicago Bears; a complete and utter imbecile as a coach, but in the last couple years he has hired Mike Martz to run the offense, Rod Marinelli to run the defense, and even Mike Tice to head up the offensive line. Low and behold, the Bears find themselves in the NFC Championship game last year. Way to go, Lovie!!

To the OP - Thanks for your message of support (for lack of a better word).

Personally, I think good Wisconsin and Iowa teams will ultimately be a benefit to the Gophers when we are plying at our potential again. Rivals always push each other to become better.

On Thursday I will be a UNLV fan. I don't think UNLV will win, but one can hope that the BAD_____ stumble so we don't have to hear this nonsense talk about how they are national title contenders.

Blah.
Reading that Kill/BB article is disheartening. Brewster/BB's relationship is exactly what I'd like to see out of Kill, with the on field results different. BB would have taken 4 losses worse than Brewster did IMO, he's allowed to show that he's "grown up" and "matured' because he's won games.

Ogee is right, BB is surrounded by good coaches/administration. BA will not let him fail, Christ will not let him fail, etc.
It's obvious he has fallen back on the wisky recipe after his 08' squad almost killed his career. Somwhere down the road he'll get his, he's too much of an ass not to.

Top Bottom