Golden Gopher Fund Events

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago, got a surprised pleasant email from the Golden Gopher Fund (GGF) director reached out with an invitation to join them in their suite for a game. First come, first serve amongst all GGF donors. The invitation was for me +1 AND an event parking pass to either the Purdue (Homecoming) or the Iowa game.

Either game would have been a blast, but I elected for the Iowa game and I asked for +2 so I can bring my son and wife. Well, this AM I received an email from GGF (see attached) that they’ve allocated 3 seats in their suite for the Purdue Homecoming game! SUPER pumped!! I’m sure the Iowa game GGF wanted to accommodate as many GGF donors as possible so they didn’t want to allocate 3 seats to me.

Anyone else received this invitation and got their suite seats allocated? If so, which game are you going? If it’s the Purdue game, I look forward to meeting you all!

This season, I’ll be attending two games. One Home game (Homecoming versus Purdue) and one Away game at PSU! 😭〽️

Attachments

• F5F4E5B8-0709-4D00-A6A5-7EB0B7DFC73D.jpeg
    F5F4E5B8-0709-4D00-A6A5-7EB0B7DFC73D.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 10

I've never received one of those.

Once before Give to the Max Day, I wanted to make a donation to the fund but (for reasons) I didn't want to use my credit card and I really had never had any contact with anyone at the fund directly before.

I found an email on the website about donations. Emailed them about what I think was a non trivial amount of a donation and some questions.

Never heard back.... sent another email... nothing ... I don't think anyone is checking that email....

I love going to games and the U, but it often feels like there is an "in" crowd and everyone else is just some customer no different than some rando who bought one ticket one day and that's it. The Twins and other teams in town make better efforts to re-engage existing fans than the U does.

Granted having said all that the U has done better compared to a decade ago about all that, but it feels like efforts are more fits and starts.

Last edited:

Couple of weeks ago, got a surprised pleasant email from the Golden Gopher Fund (GGF) director reached out with an invitation to join them in their suite for a game. First come, first serve amongst all GGF donors. The invitation was for me +1 AND an event parking pass to either the Purdue (Homecoming) or the Iowa game.

Either game would have been a blast, but I elected for the Iowa game and I asked for +2 so I can bring my son and wife. Well, this AM I received an email from GGF (see attached) that they’ve allocated 3 seats in their suite for the Purdue Homecoming game! SUPER pumped!! I’m sure the Iowa game GGF wanted to accommodate as many GGF donors as possible so they didn’t want to allocate 3 seats to me.

Anyone else received this invitation and got their suite seats allocated? If so, which game are you going? If it’s the Purdue game, I look forward to meeting you all!

This season, I’ll be attending two games. One Home game (Homecoming versus Purdue) and one Away game at PSU! 😭〽️
Given your profile pic, I would hazard a guess that you have donated quite a bit more than most people on this forum...

Given your profile pic, I would hazard a guess that you have donated quite a bit more than most people on this forum...
Nah…not too much. I do what I can to suppport our program. Definitely appreciate and surprised on all of these “surprise” cool game experiences and random gifts from GGF.

Top Bottom