Go Xavier and Purdue!

GopherLady

Reaction score
Purdue has a massive comeback nad is up by 5 with 4:24 minutes to go...

Xavier is us 65-60 with 35.1 seconds...makes us not look as bad. We were an 11 seed ;)

Progress is evident

By the end of the day the Gophers may own wins over 4 different Sweet 16 teams. Yet there will still be folks (cough, cough Vandelay Industries) who will find a way to argue that the Gopher program is all gloom & doom. Progress is being made.

Already looking forward to next season. It's time to take a few more steps. ... most notably get a bye in the Big Ten tourney and then win a NCAA tourney game or 2 or 3. ... It's time for the Gophers to get off the list of Big 6 programs that have yet to win a NCAA tourney game since 2000. There's only 8-9 left; we're one of 'em.

what is the deal with this crew in Milwaukee who keep overturning calls.

By the end of the day the Gophers may own wins over 4 different Sweet 16 teams. Yet there will still be folks (cough, cough Vandelay Industries) who will find a way to argue that the Gopher program is all gloom & doom. Progress is being made.

Already looking forward to next season. It's time to take a few more steps. ... most notably get a bye in the Big Ten tourney and then win a NCAA tourney game or 2 or 3. ... It's time for the Gophers to get off the list of Big 6 programs that have yet to win a NCAA tourney game since 2000. There's only 8 left; we're one of 'em.

That's a great way to look at it, SS. We have huge wins, beat every BT team other than the powerhouse they call Michigan, lol

As far as ranked teams, we did beat:
#10 - Butler
#20 (at the time) - OSU
#14 - WI
#11 - MSU
#6 - PU

...and, we did this without Nolen and Bostick for 1/2 season, White and Mbakwe for the entire season. I thought we would have done better this year, but with the cards we were dealt, I feel we did a great job.

I wish Tubby could find a kid like Chris Kramer. Tough kid who plays major D and always seems to get the tough reb. Now after Etwan Moore fluffs the ball away as regulation runs out Kramer comes up big at the end of OT taking the ball to the hoop for two. We could use his clone.
Two teams beaten by Gophs in BTT make sweet 16. We aint far off.

Great post, I agree,

Seeing the teams we beat moving on and with Xavier looking far better than Jim Souhan could ever comprehend, well, it gives me hope for next year.

Chris Kramer is amazing, those "glue guys" are vital for a team. it will be interesting to see who becomes ours with Damien gone. I did like Travis Busch for that role, I know the scholarship was needed elsewhere but he played with a chip on his shoulder.

I wish Tubby could find a kid like Chris Kramer. Tough kid who plays major D and always seems to get the tough reb. Now after Etwan Moore fluffs the ball away as regulation runs out Kramer comes up big at the end of OT taking the ball to the hoop for two. We could use his clone.
Two teams beaten by Gophs in BTT make sweet 16. We aint far off.

4 teams - Mich St, Ohio St, Purdue, and Butler - made Sweet 16 but L to Gophers once.

Suck it Andy Katz, Seth Davis, Jeff Goodman, Gary Parrish, and every other national basketball writer in the universe.

Suck it Andy Katz, Seth Davis, Jeff Goodman, Gary Parrish, and other national basketball writer in the universe.

I know, talk about no respect.

Gotta feel good though rc.

Go Boilermakers!!

Thanks about for the kind words guys, I know my Boiler's will need it.

And by the way you can't have Kramer's clone, he is ours.

P.S. rcpratt the team gets back to the airport about 2:45 this morning. If you at Purdue I hope you can go.

P.S. rcpratt the team gets back to the airport about 2:45 this morning. If you at Purdue I hope you can go.
I'll be there :D

We tied school record (29 W) for most W yesterday. I think it was Glenn Robinson's team (93 or 94) that had 29 W before.

Top Bottom