Get Loud Saturday

nsmike

Reaction score
One thing that gets lost in looking at the Syracuse game, is that they haven't played a true road game yet, in front of a hostile crowd. They are running a spread offense, that requires checks and adjustments, which are hard to do if the stadium is noisy. Lets get the atmosphere wound up, raucous, and loud. Let's be a true 12th Man on defense.:clap::clap::clap:

One thing that gets lost in looking at the Syracuse game, is that they haven't played a true road game yet, in front of a hostile crowd. They are running a spread offense, that requires checks and adjustments, which are hard to do if the stadium is noisy. Lets get the atmosphere wound up, raucous, and loud. Let's be a true 12th Man on defense.:clap::clap::clap:

LOVE IT! Definitely needs to happen. With it being a night game, I think that helps quite a bit as well. Hoping the fans show up ready to be loud and rowdy! :clap::clap:

I'll do my part, but it's like pulling teeth to get some of the people in front of me to even look interested. I'm talking to you "guy in the blue stripped polo shirt".

The fact that they have not played a road game is a GREAT point.

We rattled Carder with around 40,000 fans. 50,000 would be epic! Let's do it.

The $10 tix are sold out. A good sign that the game will have a great crowd. Now if we will be loud or not is a good question. I know I will be, I only get to one or two games a year so I have to make this one worth it. Go Gophers!

Victory Walk at 4:30! Let's get a large, rowdy, supportive crowd there and show the players and recruits our appreciation.

Every week should be like the last two Iowa games. No sitting on third down or after half time. Also tailgating starts at one. Use the time to prepare. Better dead than red

In Western Michigan's first score on Saturday, they were marhing down the field and looked like they were going to get a touchdown. I firmly believe that the crowd noise resulted in their delay of game penalty which forced them into a long yardage situation and netted them 3 points instead of 7. I felt pretty good about being part of the 12th man on that particular set of downs.

In Western Michigan's first score on Saturday, they were marhing down the field and looked like they were going to get a touchdown. I firmly believe that the crowd noise resulted in their delay of game penalty which forced them into a long yardage situation and netted them 3 points instead of 7. I felt pretty good about being part of the 12th man on that particular set of downs.

This. We're down in that end and they looked disrupted by the noise.

One thing I think that's underrated about TCF is just how loud it can get on the field. It was designed to funnel the noise to the playing surface, so when it's full and the band, students, and regular fans are up and cheering it is legitimately difficult for opposing teams.

One thing I think that's underrated about TCF is just how loud it can get on the field. It was designed to funnel the noise to the playing surface, so when it's full and the band, students, and regular fans are up and cheering it is legitimately difficult for opposing teams.
That's the whole idea, make so loud it's disruptive, let's do it!:drink:

That's the whole idea, make so loud it's disruptive, let's do it!:drink:

Definitely. Just pointing out that the U has given us the right tool for the job - we just have to use it correctly!

Definitely. Just pointing out that the U has given us the right tool for the job - we just have to use it correctly!

Plus sound bounces off of Williams and back towards TCF. Can we get a decibel reading when the place is packed?

I can attest to this. I was actually down on the field on the visitors sideline (easier to watch the game than from the home sideline as there are less people) for the entire 2nd half and it got very loud on certain instances! Let's keep it up!

It's funny, I feel the same way about the student section. You'd think being on the lower level there it wouldn't be loud as most of the sound from the students is going away from you, but in the opening game I spent the first half in 237 (my seats) then went down to some empties in the student section near my friends and it was night and day louder down there. Crazy.

That was one of my favorite parts of the game, watching their Coach yell at the QB and then point to the Play Clock! "Look at the #%@@ CLOCK!'

You know what else will help keep it loud in there? Lots and lots of cannons and fireworks!

Someone above posted that the Victory Walk is at 4:30 is this correct for Saturday night? I always thought the walk took place 2 hours before kickoff, which in this case would be 5:00 pm. Someone please clear this up for me if you know the correct time, I plan to be there and would hate to miss it.

I think at some point it was 2 hours prior but currently it is 2.5 hours prior.

Top Bottom