Georgetown snaps 21-game losing streak

Its Georgetown. I just dont understand how they could be so bad
It’s a different world with players now. I read an interview with Patrick last season and he said as much. He grew up in a grind it out, work hard, and coach is ultimate authority environment like a lot of us. Not that way any more. Players have less patience and often hold the coach responsible for their lack of success. I saw the last few minutes of the game last night and heard they have nine new players. Probably needed but symptomatic of a new generation. Different world that makes it hard for guys who work hard by nature to motivate those who don’t.

The part time coach part time counselor role is tough but what most coaches need to do now.

It’s a different world with players now. I read an interview with Patrick last season and he said as much. He grew up in a grind it out, work hard, and coach is ultimate authority environment like a lot of us. Not that way any more. Players have less patience and often hold the coach responsible for their lack of success. I saw the last few minutes of the game last night and heard they have nine new players. Probably needed but symptomatic of a new generation. Different world that makes it hard for guys who work hard by nature to motivate those who don’t.

The part time coach part time counselor role is tough but what most coaches need to do now.
Kind of like the NBA where it is a mess as to players getting along with coaches, fellow players etc.

Top Bottom