Garbage Time....Where is Gray or Alipate at QB?

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
Dear Brew,
When you are being blown out, its important to give guys that you will be relying on next year the experience during these sort of games. You found out first hand how 'inexperience' on the defensive side of the ball has bit you in the ass this season. No reason why Weber is still in the ball game down by 25 with 6 minutes left in the game. None whatsoever. But come next year you will be using the word 'inexperienced' when these quarterbacks are playing and making costly mistakes. That's why you are 1-5.

Dear Brew,
When you are being blown out, its important to give guys that you will be relying on next year the experience during these sort of games. You found out first hand how 'inexperience' on the defensive side of the ball has bit you in the ass this season. No reason why Weber is still in the ball game down by 25 with 6 minutes left in the game. None whatsoever. But come next year you will be using the word 'inexperienced' when these quarterbacks are playing and making costly mistakes. That's why you are 1-5.

QFT

I agree. Alipate should be getting some reps.

agree

My wife and I were asking the same question. Mason used to do the same thing. Makes no sense at all.

How else can he keep justifying starting Weber if Weber doesn't get his garbage time stats?

Garbage time, it is time to give someone else experience when the game is on the line. No sense in going with Weber 100% of the time. Should start splitting time evenly. Gray, Alipate, whoever. Start planning for next year.

he was trying to make the score look respectable, maybe Weber didn't wanna get pulled in his last game vs wisconsin...

Weber under .500 again, but had some garbage time good moments. I'm convinced we will never see Gray at QB for any length of time (maybe at all) while Brewster is coach. Weber and Brewster will go down in flames together.

I can just hear it now, Weber had a respectable game, look at the stats, a couple of TD's and had a few dropped passes, not all his fault. We won't hear about the over throws, underthrows wide throws and the great 2 TD catches. It will all be about how well Weber did, and we were tsrying to come back and win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL BS

Brewster was too busy trying to figure out what he was going to say to BB at the post-game handshake that he did not have time to actually think about the game

Weber under .500 again, but had some garbage time good moments. I'm convinced we will never see Gray at QB for any length of time (maybe at all) while Brewster is coach. Weber and Brewster will go down in flames together.

One of the many reason Brewster needs to go, we to get anybody who will attempt to move on and give Weber a clip board.

Dear Brew,

Agreed, but I hope Brewster isn't the one using the word inexperienced.

Brew doesn't put in other guys because he is really really stupid.

He's playing to save his job this year. He's more interested in trying to make sure he sticks around rather than setting up the program better for next season. He keeps his best players in the game to make the final score look as good as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised that after the possibly-winnable games are done (looking like Purdue and Penn State are the only ones), we'll start seeing Alipate at QB. At least we should.

He's playing to save his job this year. He's more interested in trying to make sure he sticks around rather than setting up the program better for next season. He keeps his best players in the game to make the final score look as good as possible.

Do you actually believe Brewster thinks everyone else is that stupid? Not saying he doesn't, but I think pretty much everyone knows that the gig is through. He's just doing what Mason did with Abdul-Khaliq and Cupito now. I disagreed with that then and I disagree with this now.

I have no idea. I'm thinking he's done at the end of the year barring Maturi wussing out and kicking the can down the road. All I know is that there's no other good reason I can think of to leave Weber in there in the 4th quarter when you're down by that many points, unless he'd bet big for the Gophers to cover the spread. ;-)

I agree. Alipate should be getting some reps.

Why is everyone so high on Alipate? What have you seen that is not there? He was a sub 50% passer in HS. He didn't win games. He has looked worse than Gray and Weber in the spring games. I don't understand where this love is coming from? Did we have some game that I missed that he starred in?

Top Bottom