Game Time for Wisconsin

Mick Turition

Piss 'On Wisconsin'
Reaction score
Is the gametime announced a week ahead of time?? Any chance of another night game?? Got a lot of tickets/family/travel/Thanksgiving to coordinate, anything better than a pure guess at what the gametime will be is appreciated.

the last 6 meetings with Wisconsin has been scheduled for 2:30 kickoff so i would expect the same. i dont believe we'll have confirmation until at least 2 weeks prior to the game.

You can't count on much in this world, but one thing you can count on is that they're not going to schedule a night game in Minneapolis on November 30.

You can't count on much in this world, but one thing you can count on is that they're not going to schedule a night game in Minneapolis on November 30.

You can guarantee nothing in life. The Vikings are unbeaten in MNF games played on Tuesday!

Be careful, you’ll get savaged in GH for saying such a thing!

I give it a 90% chance or better that it will be a 2:30 game.

Should be 2:30 with Gameday as #3 Wisconsin faces #6 Minnesota in a battle of unbeatens for the axe.

I agree on a high % chance on 2:30.

I will say that I don't think a night game is entirely out of the question.

Should be 2:30 with Gameday as #3 Wisconsin faces #6 Minnesota in a battle of unbeatens for the axe.

Hopefully the winner can vault ahead of 2-loss Alabama, who's sitting in the #2 spot that week in the polls.... :D

Hopefully the winner can vault ahead of 2-loss Alabama, who's sitting in the #2 spot that week in the polls.... :D

It will be tough because Alabama will have just beaten a 4-loss Auburn team that was ranked #4 in the country.

It can't be a night game unless Wisconsin agrees to it. That wouldn't happen.

I don't intend to start something here, but can you source your claim that a night game requires both teams to agree on holding it.

Why does this thread exist with 53 days left before the game?

Iowa at Nebraska is on Black Friday. On Saturday Ohio State at Michigan will be on Fox at 11:00 AM. This is because the last time this match up happened in the late afternoon, drunken fans acting like idiots caused enough trouble that the schools, Big Ten, and then present and subsequent TV partners agreed that the game wouldn't start that late again.

The other games that Saturday apart from ours are Northwestern at Illinois, Indiana at Purdue, Maryland at Michigan State, and Rutgers at Penn State. It’s early going but Wisconsin at Minnesota is by far the most competitive looking game on the schedule with only the Penn State game looking to possibly matter with Terps at Spartans looking to be undermined by Maryland having a tough road between here and there.

Figure that our game goes to 2:30 PM on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 as that group’s top game of the day. The next game game in line goes to 3:00 PM on Fox or FS1. ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 will get a 12:00 PM game that can hide in anonymity. BTN will get at least one game at most likely 3:30 PM with the possibility of the other Noon game going to BTN over the ESPN group. No night games for the Big Ten that late in the season.

Is the gametime announced a week ahead of time?? Any chance of another night game?? Got a lot of tickets/family/travel/Thanksgiving to coordinate, anything better than a pure guess at what the gametime will be is appreciated.

We need to focus on the game time for Nebraska, or else our team performance will suffer.

I don't intend to start something here, but can you source your claim that a night game requires both teams to agree on holding it.

https://theathletic.com/1006016/201...on-schedule-selection-procedure-fox-espn-btn/

Iowa’s 2018 regular-season game against Wisconsin moved into prime time last year during the 12-day window. With this year’s game slated after the league-imposed prime time cutoff date of Nov. 2, both teams must agree for it to relocate under the lights.

Top Bottom