freshman TE Jameson Geers (Channahon),
redshirt sophomore OL JJ Guedet (Washington),
freshman DL Jack Hawkinson (Frankford),
freshman RB Mar'Keise Irving and freshman OL Cameron James (both Chicago),
freshman QB Athan Kaliakmanis
freshman WR Dino Kaliakmanis (both Antioch),
freshman DB Jordan Nubin, junior DB Tyler Nubin (both Saint Charles),
senior LB Mariano Sori-Marin (Mokena)
redshirt senior OL John Michael Schmitz (Flossmoor).

Northwestern has one Minnesotan on its roster in sophomore RB Evan Hull (Maple Grove)

Last edited:

Four different QBs have played this year for the Wildcats, though Ryan Hilinski has gotten the majority of snaps as of late. He's completed 55.5 percent of his passes for 759 yards, three touchdowns and one interception.

Stephon Robinson, Jr., leads Northwestern in receptions (30) and receiving yards (425) and is tied with three others for the lead in TD catches (2).

Defensively, Chris Bergin has 79 tackles on the season, ranking him second in the nation with 11.3 stops per game. He has at least eight tackles in every game, including a season-high 16 Saturday at Michigan.

BERGIN IS A BEASTLeads the ‘Cats with 79 tackles (51 solo) and has an interception and forced fumble . ... The former walk-on turned team captain has 7.3 solo stops per game, which ranks third in the country and first in the Big Ten ... Has 11 career games with double-digit tackles and has set a career-high mark three times this season (13 at Duke; 14 vs. Ohio; 16 at Michigan).

Adetomiwa Adebawore has a team-high 7.0 tackles for loss, while Jeremy Meiser leads Northwestern with 4.0 sacks.

Three players have one interception for the Wildcats.

In four games as the starter, QB Ryan Hilinski is 69-for-121(57.0%) and has thrown for 725 yards with 3 TDs and one interception ... He had 25 completions for 256 yards in the effort vs. Nebraska (Oct. 2) and followed up with 18 completions for 267 yards in the win vs. Rutgers (Oct. 16) ... It was the first time since his first two college games (Sept. 2019) that he has had back-to-back games with 250-plus yards passing ... The 256 yards through the air vs. Nebraska were the most the Huskers have allowed in a game this season.

Last edited:

. Going back to at least 1942 again, Minnesota has never had five individuals record 100-yard rushing games in the same season. In fact, Minnesota is the only FBS team this season to have five different individuals reach 100 yards.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kramer hit 100 yards before the year is up as well.

Minnesota's 13 Illinois natives are:
senior WR Chris Autman-Bell (Kankakee),
seventh-year DL Micah Dew-Treadway (Bolingbrook),

Northwestern has one Minnesotan on its roster in sophomore RB Evan Hull (Maple Grove)
I like this list. I hope Bielema stays out of the way. (Why would anyone want to play for the putz???)

I like this list. I hope Bielema stays out of the way. (Why would anyone want to play for the putz???)
Big part of Wisconsin success was built on recruiting Illinois so well. He has built his staff with the idea of doing better in-State.

MJ Anderson out of St. Louis has been a nice piece as well...just across the river in Missouri but an area Illinois wants to do really well in.

Should be a lot of family and friends in attendance from Illinois in Evanston...nice trip for the Indiana guys as well (Otomewo, Booker, Lewis).

Minnesota's 13 Illinois natives are:
senior WR Chris Autman-Bell (Kankakee),
seventh-year DL Micah Dew-Treadway (Bolingbrook),

He is recruiting his home state.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Kramer hit 100 yards before the year is up as well.
I was thinking the same thing. He’d have to break off a long one to make it possible. Or perhaps a TM2 injury would result in him getting extended run.

Top Bottom